Monday 12 September 2011

Swimming


The swim fins are as advertised EXCEPT on the sizing. My 6 year old wears a size 1 1/2 shoe, which should put her squarely in the middle of the Small/Medium size, but when I bought them, she could not even begin to get her foot in them. We returned them for a size large and they work fine, but consider that when you are choosing a size!! Speedo Begin to Swim Kid's Swim Fins, Pink, Small/Medium

My 3 year old wanted a pair of flippers and these are GREAT. Comfortable and well priced... he doesn't know how to really use them yet, but they are the only flippers that I found that really fit his feet and stay on (he is a size 10) and are comfortable. I think they are great. I was afraid they would be too small based on some of the reviews, but they are perfect - even fit his 5 year old friend who has larger feet. No complaints.

My 6yr old can pull them on and I easily tighten the velcro strap. Would fit for a year or two, but sadly we've used them 3 times and already the fabric is pulling away in about 5 places. Just from walking in a public pool in 3 feet of water the bottoms are all frayed... had them about 2 weeks.

They'd be great if you never ever touched anything but water with them... but not realistic for kids.

These started cracking the SECOND DAY my daughter wore these. So why five stars. My three year old daughter learned to swim with these in about two weeks!!! That is a skill she would have with her for LIFE.



The pictures someone posted, of them cracking at the bottom, are pretty accurate. That's how ours went too.



But even with them falling apart we did use them through the whole summer.



If not for this problem they work very well. If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy them.



UPDATE: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT ANYMORE. THERE IS A BETTER PRODUCT NOW IN THE MARKET Finis Fishtail Baby Fins (Blue)

Finis Fishtail Junior Fins (Yellow)

These flippers appear to be a perfect aid for kids. Unfortunately the sole of these flippers comes apart with very little wear (2 weeks). Email was sent in the first instance but no response received. Recomend caution.

I gave these to my niece for her sixth birthday on Saturday and when I went swimming with her on Tuesday I was sad to see the neoprene covering was already coming loose at the seams and had ripped in several places. Not sure they'll last more than another week before they completely fall apart. Don't know if it's because they're poor quality or because it's a bad design idea - maybe fins weren't meant to be covered in neoprene. I do agree with the other reviewers as to the sizing. They run small. If you want fins that will stand up to a full summer's play I would not go with these.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information