Saturday 3 September 2011

Lcd Cleaner - screen cleaner, lcd cleaner


I purchased this product to clean the screen on my Samsung LN46B630 LCD TV, which has a matte screen, and my laptops that have glossy screens. While it works great on the laptops, I am very unhappy with the product when used on my TV. Unfortunately, while it did remove the visible dirt on the TV screen, when the light comes through the window in early evening, there is a film that shows up as very visible streaks. I tried it twice, thinking maybe I didn't use enough the first time, but the streaks are still there. Since all the other reviews for this product are glowing, and it does work well on my laptops, it seems safe to assume it has to do with the matte screen on my TV.



Today, I found this information on Samsung's website, under the Q&A section for my TV: "Although there are a number of cleaning products on the market that say they are "Safe" for LCD/Plasma panel usage, I recommend just using plain old purified water without any minerals and a non-abrasive cloth. Purified water with out minerals will also prevent any mineral deposits to collect on the screen. -MrSamsung".

I haven't tried this yet, but coming from the manufacturer, I sure feel alot more comfortable using this on my, not so cheap, TV.



Bottom line, even if you have a glossy screen TV, purified water without minerals is going to be much cheaper than this, or any other, screen cleaning solution! I'll try to remember to update my review once I've tried the purified water w/o minerals.



UPDATE 04/20/2010: I've now cleaned my TV & laptops with purified water without minerals, which is just distilled water and is under $1.00 for a gallon. I sprayed the water on the cloth that came with this kit, not directly onto the TV. It removed the film & streaks left by this cleaner and cleaned the finger prints from the piano black bezel, which this cleaner failed to do...save your money and get the best cleaner: distilled water!!!! Inland 05119 Pro LCD Display Cleaning kits

Bought this cleaner kit after finding (to my annoyance) that the local big box office supply stores don't even stock anything similar. It works wonderfully on my Dell PC LCD monitor screen. Children's fingerprints, spots, etc., come off with ease.

I used this on my MacBook screen that had dried spots of saliva, smudges, and fingerprints all over the screen. None of these, except for the fingerprints, could I get off with a standard microfiber cloth. I put a 2 squirts of this on and wiped and EVERYTHING, every imperfection was gone! Excellent product!

I've seen similar products at local stores at about the same price and only ordered this kit because I needed another $10 on an order to qualify for free shipping. I am and auto appraiser and work outdoors in all kinds of weather and conditions so my laptop computer is exposed to rain, wind, dirt, etc. and also has touch screen which means fingerprints. The cleaner and cloth did an excellent job on the computer screen and I have no complaints of any kind.

I bought this to use for my laptop computer, and it's just what I needed. I have two dogs and two cats, which means pet hair is always flying around. Also, I work at home and often eat at my computer, so crumbs galore, too, as well as "spatter" on the screen (I hope you don't have a mental image of me sitting at my laptop with crumbs and food drooling out of my mouth! It's just that no matter how careful one tries to be, eating at the computer eventually shows up ON the computer.)



The kit includes a super-soft brush that retracts into its handle for storage and is just the ticket for brushing hair and crumbs off/out of the keyboard, and also for brushing dust off the LCD screen to help prevent scratching before wiping it. The spray cleans quickly and effectively, and the microfiber cloth helps clean with minimal pressure on the screen -- no scrubbing needed. The computer has a glossy finish, and the microfiber cloth also cleans that to its original sheen. Not shown in the picture is the handy drawstring bag that's included to store the components.



I would definitely buy this item again, and it would make a great stocking stuffer gift for any laptop user.

I purchased this product due to the amount of times I must touch my laptop screen, coating it with lovely fingerprints and such. It was one of the most inexpensive options and also came with a few components. Rather than just a spray or microfiber cloth, this product also comes with a retractable brush for whisking away pesky dust and hairs from the keyboard and crevasses in the laptop. The spray worked great on the laptop as well as my LED TV.

For the price it is absolutely fabulous. I keep it in my bagpack to clean my macbooks screen all the time. Additionally the duster is very useful in cleaning the keyboard.



Great product and simply love it



Purav - Laptop - Flat Screen - Screen Cleaner - Lcd Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information