Monday 26 September 2011

Mac Os X - wireless printer, photo printer


So got this printer for the wife for Christmas. Great printer slick has everything I need in a printer...... Except and endless supply of ink. I literally printed of 2 photos and test papers and a passport application. I looked at the ink levels and the yellow and cyan are running REALLY low for that amount of printing.



I will say that the photos are FANTASTIC and even went as far as to buy the great quality paper. The printer pictures are SUPER clear and great quality.



The wireless capabilities makes it easy for me to place this where ever I want and not have to take up space around my desk. Did find I had to remove the back plate for it to feed paper correctly from the back feeder.



All in all a good printer but waiting to see what the ink costs will be. I will keep you updated. Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (4503B002)

Canon has done such an amazing job with this printer, not only performance wise, but also on quality, design and ease of use. I used to own a Canon MP500, but later needed a wireless printer. I was recommended to get an HP because of their good reputation, larger ink cartridges, and lower cost to maintain - which to an extent was true, ink on the HP lasted me about 6-months compered to the MP500's 3-4 months, and the HP ink also cost less. In reality, who cares how much the ink cost, when the HP was the noisiest thing in my office, slower than snail-mail (exaggerating), and it printed the most horrible images and documents. ...or maybe it was just me since I had already experienced what Canon was capable of.



I am really happy I purchased the Canon MG6120. Within the last month, I've purchased a MacBook Air, iMac, Time Capsule and HP Media Server, and all I can say is that I really don't care about those gadgets, I'm simply super excited about my printer purchase - it is by far the best printer I have ever used - it't print quality is on par with the thousand dollar printers my company purchases for media services.



Installation was a breeze, it's just a matter of unpacking the printer, removing all the wrap on it, aligning the print heads, and using it's cool mini LCD to input my wireless network info. Once that's done, simply insert the driver CD into the computer and follow the on-screen instructions (pretty much just click "next" over and over after telling it it's a wireless setup. The only thing that I found a bit annoying was that I had to install using the CD on all 3 of my computers, where on the HP I just had to install one one computer, and after than all the other computers could find it on the network. I might be missing something, so it might be my fault and not Canon's - I'm no network expert. I have been able to get Canon app to work from the iPad; it's only good for pictures though.



Those of you needing high print quality will not be one bit disappointed with this printer. The scanner also works really well, I've already used it to send scans to my computer, and to make photo copies. After creating a photocopy, several people had issues trying to determine which was the original document, which did have an actual pen-written signature.

I needed to replace the printer I was using since I enter photo shows and submit photos to a stock agency I needed excellant results. After shopping around for along time I decided to purchase the Pixma. I was not disappointed. I am now getting top quality prints, lab quality. The only quirk I noticed was that until you break the printer in, you tend to use more ink; but after replacing the cartridges once, that has settled down to normal usage. Great product Canon.

I've only had this for a day, so these are my initial impressions. I bought this printer to replace my Epson Picturemate 4x6 photo printer and my Canon MP470 AIO. The reason for the upgrade was that the older Epson would not play nice with my Windows 7 PC (though I could still use it with my XP laptop just fine), I've never been really happy with the MP470 as far as print quality (though scanning an copying was always pretty good), and finally I wanted network sharing capability.



I was very afraid of getting a new AIO that was not up to the task of printing quality snapshots. I was comparing the Lexmark Pinnacle PRO901, HP Photosmart Premium CD055a, and this Canon MG6120. I ruled out the Lexmark based on it's office focus, I was afraid it wouldn't do well with pictures. The HP got good reviews, but I decided to try the Canon based on the glowing reviews it and its predecessor the MP990 received (and 6 inks sounds better than 5 of the HP, though I know that doesn't necessarily make one printer better).



I did have my reservations about the MG6120 based on my experience with the MP470, but I decided to give it a try. So far I am not disappointed, in fact I'm amazed by this new Canon. My primary concern is a non issue. The photo prints look great; no banding at all, which I did see occasionally even with the photo focused Epson. Print quality is easily on par with the Epson.



Text and graphics printing is pretty good. Not as sharp as a laser printer, but I haven't tried it with good paper either. I think it will be adequate for printing important docs like resumes when I turn up the quality settings and use better paper.



The set up instructions were thorough, but the process seemed to take forever. I'm used to plugging in the printer, installing drivers and going. This guy required installing the print head, the 6 ink cartridges, and letting the printer do an initialization dance. I guess it wouldn't take long if I did it again, but following the step by step takes a while. Software install took about 10 minutes per computer. I set it up on my network by ethernet since the printer is located 5 feet from the router. All my computers (win7 64bit PC, Vista laptop, XP laptop printed with no problem after the software was installed.



Reliability and ink use are obviously TBD, but so far, so good. - Photo Printer - Canon - Wireless Printer - Multifunction Printer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information