Tuesday 6 September 2011

Mac Webcam - skype, logitech webcam


You cannot beat it for the price. I am far from an expert of webcams, but this thing was easy to setup, the picture is pretty good once you focus it (turn the knob around the lens)... The mic seems a little weak, but I sit kinda far away and it works ok now that I raised the level on it to max. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone, especially webcam beginners. I may even purchase a couple more for my family members. Logitech Webcam C200

I helped my brother setup this camera, it was a snap.. It works great with Skype, the audio quality is excellent. The price cannot be beat.



Not sure what some others expect from a VOIP application, but this works as expected.



30 frames/sec, 640x480 - Works fine.

I bought this webcam to use with Skype to talk to my family in Australia. It does a GREAT job and is perfect for this use. The sound quality is just like talking to someone sitting beside you. The price is right and does the job. Don't expect movie quality...but for talking to people around the world it's all you need.

I just wanted a cheap webcam to connect via Skype to see my new grandson. This seemed to fit the bill. The installation went okay but the video was all distorted with vertical waves and ghosting of my image. I tried all the webcam settings in the software with no luck. I also did a software update at Logitech. No joy. Eventually I contacted Logitech help desk who guided me though some Windows video changes which cured the problem temporarily until I rebooted the PC and then the problem returned. Must be a Win XP thing.

I've had absolutely no problems with this, fits my 23" Asus monitor perfectly, integrates seamlessly with Win7. I'd just like to point out that, apparently when I chat on Skype with others, after the conversation, Skype gives them a message along the lines of: "Wasn't that high quality webcam great? Don't you wish your webcam was as good as that?" I find this hilarious :D I like my "high quality" webcam.

If you or someone is receiving this product as a gift or for general use, then this product does the trick. Easy to install, VID software is step by step to install and the quality and microphone work just fine if you are using it to chat with family. Taking a picture is good quality. If this is your first time experimenting with video conferencing then use this product first. In expensive to get and as you use it more you realize just what more in quality you want to purchase next. It is very durable and performs just great when using Skype too.

Installed on XP with SP3. Plugged it in and let it search for drivers. Found Logitech E2500 drivers and installed. Then update loaded from Logitech site. Works much better in low light than my 5 year old logitech USB web cam.

I love this webcam. For the price, you can't beat it. I bought one as a gift, then bought another one for me to use and then another one as a gift! I like using Skype for the conferencing part as the webcam software seemed to have issues. The picture quality is not superb, but I think it's good for the price.

The C200 is inexpensive and is easy to install. However, those who have experienced the higher end Logitech webcams will be disappointed with the lack of automatic focus and the resulting marginal picture. Its hard to find the sweet spot to get an image that appears to be in focus. - Logitech Webcam - Mac Webcam - Skype - Laptop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information