Sunday 4 September 2011

Macbook Pro Bag - macbook pro bag, backpacking


First of all, I purchased the stone gray colored bag. It should be noted that the color is not actually grey, but an odd green color. Keep this in mind as you choose a color.



Second, after four months of regular use this backpack was packed back up and shipped back to the manufacturer (at my own expense). The right strap pulled right out of the stitching. I am hoping Incase can solve this issue, and that the pack I received was a fluke.



Third, this newer redesign of the Incase backpack seems to be a step down in terms of craftsmanship. The straps don't have the same level of comfort and the pack itself doesn't hold its shape as well. Incase Nylon Backpack (Fir Green/Golden Rod)

I bought this bag to replace a previous Incase bag that I had for a few years and used heavily. I really liked my old one so sought out the same brand. The design changed a bit from the old one: A few less zippers. BUT, the big problem is that is simply feels cheaper. Lighter fabric, thinner padding, cheaper zipper pulls. This is not a cheap bag, but it feels cheap!! I feel guilty about returning it since i have used it for 2 weeks, but I for sure will not buy this brand again. Premium price but not premium product.

Purchased backpack from J&R middle of May for college. It has great looks, surprising capacity (due to its height), and an undeniable high quality feel.



I would suggest this backpack to everyone except for the fact that one of my shoulder straps has begun to disconnect from the base of the bag after only two months of use. The stitching has popped out and the interior foam is visible. The strap is still connected, but barely. The shoulder area of the strap is still intact. It won't be long until the base disconnects and the strap becomes non-functional, however.



I am looking to get a replacement bag from either J&R or Incase!

This backpack is great for a student looking to carry their laptop and a book or two around with them. It is not especially roomy, but I do not have any books that will not fit in it. All of the different pockets and such give you lots of versatility with arranging your stuff and the faux fur lined laptop section keeps my MacBook Pro from getting damaged. The laptop section also is vented on the sides so a hot laptop can cool down easier. This is a great backpack and Incase is a great brand in general.

Don't let the title of this product mislead you. Although it is designed to fit up to a 17" MacBook Pro, my 15" fits nicely. Then if you put the 15" in a neoprene sleeve, it provides and even more snug, secure fit. - Backpacking - Campus - Incase - Macbook Pro Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information