Tuesday 6 September 2011

Micro Pinner


Our shop did not know about the micro pinner until I saw it in your magazine.After the kit arrived,I gave it to the shop and it has been used every day since then.I found the price to be better than any place locally,plus it was delivered to my door.Thank you. Senco PC0974 Micro Pinner Compressor Combo Kit

The small compressor and the 23 guage micro pinner gun are great.

The compressor is light weight and is easy to transport to a job site. The micro gun works great for attaching screen mouldings, panels, and small crown on cabinets with minimal filling. I have been using the gun on the job site for about 2 years now and it has only jammed a few times. I think this is to be expected when you take in concideration the types of wood, pressure settings, and accidental double trigger hits. I do recommend this compressor combo kit to my friends and family.

Great Little Compressor. If you haven't seen one of these I can't stress how small and light these things are.

I'm a general contractor and let all the guys use this towards the end of the project when I don't want them hauling a 40lb compressor through the finished house. works great with the micro pinner and will run a Senco finish nailer no problem. Don't use it for production with a 16g gun but it is fine for pick up, or that casing that you forgot to nail off properly.

The micro pinner is a gem, you barely know there is a fastener, one coat of finish either paint or a clear finsh and they fill in.

The painters love them because they are so easy and FAST to fill or just paint over.

This isn't the first nail gun or compressor you should buy, unless you ar a hobbyist doing craft work, but it is a very nice tool.

while the kit is comprehensive and the compressor works well, the micro Pinner is junk. This is the second Senco mirco pinner that I have purchased and the second to fail. This gun refuses to set 3/4" pins at all. It leaves the heads sticking out on every shot. My first senco lasted about 2 months before it jambed and refused to work. I purchased a Fastco micro pinner 3 years ago for twice the price but I've never had a problem. It seems product quality for senco has taken a back seat to economy and unreliablity( As there fiasco with the AIR FREE 40 cordless nailers proves.) I am a licensed Contractor who only does finish work. My tools must be the best and this product is not.

It's a great little machine for my woodworking hobby. I couldn't be happier with it and it's performance. The safety trigger is a pain, but because there are no children around our home/shop area, I worked around that.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information