Monday 5 September 2011

Middle School Math - middle school math, workbook


My children have been using the Summer Bridge books since elementary school and they have really helped them academically. I highly recommend this resource to others (even adults would benefit, if you are in need of a refresher course). Summer Bridge Activities: 7th to 8th Grades

I am a student who wants to get ahead anyway I can. This book has a lot I need to know and is time eater. The book has all subjects, and does bring you ahead. I hope you enjoy this book too. Have a great school year.

The website to assist students with certain activities is no longer available. So when it says "check it out" you can't. I called the company, which has been sold, and they have no plans of re-opening or maintaining a website. They said future books will no longer have that feature.

I first saw these books when my daughter brought them over for her boys t o work on while visiting from out of town. I could hardly believe it when she said it was time to do their "homework". I thought I heard her wrong, because school was already out. She has the kids do practice pages on a daily basis-weekends off--and then she can correct it with them. The answers are in the back of the book. This is a great way for kids to NOT forget what they have learned the previous school year and to NOT be behind when they start the next grade simply because they have not been practicing their academic skills. I am going to recommend them to my parents next year as a means of preventing their children from falling behind during summer vacation.



The books are designed to be used between your child's previous grade and the new one they are entering. The book is broken into three sections and includes a motivational calendar to help the kids track their progress. The book also includes skill check lists, a meal-tracker, a fitness tracker, and a section on building better bodies and behavior plus math flashcards in the back of the book on tag board paper. I think this book is a great way for parents and kids to work together but also have fun!

I like this book because I use it as a guide when I tutor my middle school students. They are getting ready for FCAT and this is a great foundation to what they are learning. I recommend this book as a helpful review.

This workbook was great as a summer subject refresher and to keep my children current. I liked everything about it; the multiple sections,the incentive and contract pages; the right amount of work to not be overwhelming. I didn't have to pay for tutor or a class; it was money well spent. I will be continuing next summer.

I order this book and when I received the first copy it had some pages missing, which made it useless to me. When I notified the seller she send me a new one. I was refunded for the first book, but I want to pay for the second copy. Please help me have the the seller accept the payment. She was upset at me for refusing the first book, but it was of no use to me due to the missing pages.

Sincerely,

Ernesto Avelar

This is the fourth year that we are using this book for our kids. It is an excellent way to refresh and reinforce the materials that they have learned during their current school year (and you shall be surprised how much they have already forgotten.) There are some printing errors here and there (like a misplaced equation in the Geometry section) but overall it is well structured and the materials and exercises are well thought out. The only improvement I can think of is adding more problem solving exercises which is too short in the current form. We usually supplement it with other books with exercises in subjects like grammar and history. Highly recommend! - Middle School Math - Workbook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information