Sunday 4 September 2011

Natural Cures - hemp, raw food


I love this company! Their products are always fresh and delicious. The hemp seeds are wonderful and versatile, and I make all kinds of recipes with them. I like buying the big bucket of their hemp seeds because I use them in shakes, smoothies, eaten plain, added to trail mix, sprinkled on salad, and I even make many Raw vegan desserts, soups, and pates with them. I keep them stored in the freezer for extra freshness. This super food's nutrient profile is awesome... highly digestible complete protein, essential fatty acids in a great ratio, iron, calcium, vitamin E, zinc, chlorophyll, and other nutrients.



Just the other day I created a Raw Vegan Frozen Banana Protein Shake by blending 1 cup water, 3 sm-med frozen bananas (chopped), 1 Tablespoon raw carob (optional), 2 Tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds, and 4 Tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Protein Powder. It was so yummy that I made a second one in the same day and I'm getting ready to make another right now. Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Hearts, 5-Pound Tub

This is the 3rd time I have ordered from this company through Amazon and have never had a problem. The container clearly states that it contains "shelled hemp seed" which I would interpret as "hemp hearts" without the outer shell or husk. But apparently it doesn't say that the husks are removed from the container. This most recent order had at least 50% husks mixed in with the hearts so I took issue. Amazon as well as Manitoba Harvest were very accommodating and sent a replacement order. I was not charged for the first order. The replacement was better but still had lots of husks. I've purchased other hemp hearts in the health food store and there are no husks at all so this was a bit disappointing. If you don't mind the taste or texture of having them in there, then it's a great deal.

Hey! If you have never tried adding Hemp seed to your diet you should. I started out with a smaller version of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed, but used it all in smoothies, salads, and various recipes quickly, so I upgraded to the 5 lb. bucket. It stores nicely in my outside frig. You can also store Hemp seeds in glass mason jars and freeze them. When you are ready for use, just open the jar and measure out the quantity you need.



The taste of Manitoba's Hemp Seed is superior in my opinion. In fact, I have grown to love the taste of hemp. I always sprinkle a few tablespoons on my kale salads or in smoothies.



Overall, I highly recommend this product especially if you are looking for more vegan ways to up your protein intake, as Hemp is an excellent source.

This is a fantastic product, I just ordered my second tub. The seeds smell very fresh and keep well. The protein is primarily edestin, which is a native protein to the human being and is the ideal protein for anti-body and immunoglobulin production. There are also no enzyme inhibitors on shelled cannabis which makes it very easily digestible. Also, the fat content is literally a perfect source of essential fats, with the same ratio of fats as are found in our brain! Of course they are short chain omega 3 fatty acids, as with all vegetarian fair, however the human body produces the enzyme delta-9 desaturase which transform them into long chain fatty acids, like those found in fish. It is this process of the human being developing the long chain fats that Rudolf Steiner hints at as being one of the real spiritual reasons to consume vegetarian foods, is that our body becomes a factory for certain fats, which has a certain alchemical effect within the individual.



I thought it would take me awhile to go through these but I finished the tub within 2 weeks. Excellent to sprinkle on salads, steamed veggies, base in smoothies, additive to yogurts and oatmeals, mixed with potatoes, pretty much mix it with anything.



I was showing the tub off to one of my friends who eats more of a mainstream diet and I put it up to her nose to smell it and she said it smelled like dirt - it really sort of does, it smells great. It is very earthy and almost bitter in taste, however it is very mild when mixed with other things. The seeds have a robust character of tremendous value to the human species, anyone committed to the development and future of humanity would be wise to befriend and defend this plant of nearly unequivocal value to the human species.



Hopefully there will be hemp farms in America soon - If we had eyes to see this food would be a staple in all hosptials, schools, and other major food institutions. The plant is easy to grow and extremely useful in a multitude of ways. Word to the wise: Keep your eye on hemp.

After purchasing a much smaller package at Native sun, I researched for other cost effective alternatives and found this 5-pound container on Amazon. We use it daily as an extra protein source and have found it is giving us a boost of energy when taken early in the morning.

5 pounds is a lot of seeds. I sprinkle a couple of tablespoons on my cereal for breakfast -- which should last me about a year. If you're on a diet make sure that you check the calories and act accordingly. The nutritional breakdown of hemp seeds makes them a very good addition to your diet.



I've also added a handfull of nuts (almonds or walnuts) and 2 pieces of 90% cocoa (Lindt) to my daily food intake. All three are high-calorie foods but in moderation appear to have very significant health benefits.



These seeds are high in protein and I highly recommend that you research their benefits.

This is the best deal for bulk Hemp Seeds on Amazon. Manitoba is not Certified Organic, but does follow Organic practices as well or better than any other producer. Because they are not certified, their costs are lower, and the prices are too. Hemp Seeds are a perfect food, combined with some goji berries and plenty of fresh greens, Hemp is all you need for complete nutrition and a perfect diet.



It's really a shame that US growers cannot legally grow this amazing crop that contains 0 psychoactive compounds. Farmers grew Hemp in World War II to clothe the troops for battle, and this fast growing crop helped win the war in it's own way. - Hemp - Hemp Food - Health - Raw Food'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information