Tuesday 13 September 2011

Organization


It's true, CL has "improved" this product. In the process they ruined it. For one thing, they removed several features, for instance the new version does not have the removable fast file and lacks the slot for a label on the handle. Also, it is about 30% lighter, and obviously "cheaper" in many respects, e.g the sides are now lightweight nylon. I would be surprised if one of these new models holds up for even 30% as long as the old one. And it's UGLY: brown stitching on black faux leather looks awful!



There is one actual improvement in the new one - it was easier to open flat on a table. And one possible improvement - the attachment of the handle is apparently different, but you can't really tell if it's any better because it is hidden on the new one.



You can't blame Amazon - the new and the old one have the same UPC code (8585405012). But they are different part numbers: old = #60 2233002, new = #63-2400017-A.



I am disgusted with Case Logic for this crass and brazen attempt to squeeze a few pennies out of the production cost at the cost of huge loss of quality. I'm not going to touch any of their products again - IMO they cannot be trusted. Case Logic KSW320 Koskin CD/DVD Wallet 336 Disc Capacity (Black)

I will admit that hands down case logic is THE BEST cd wallets you can buy. They are (usually) constructed with great quality and you actually feel that you get your money's worth. Even the protection it provides for the cd's that you put it in it is outstanding. I'm a scratch freak and I've noticed that Case Logic wallets do not put any scratches what-so-ever on your cd's or dvd's. Not even those little really light ones that you only see in bright light. Nothing bad to say about them at all, it was pretty much everything a CD wallet should be, at it's finest. BUT!, new this year is the redesigned version of these wallets and they are TERRIBLE! The previous models were superior to any other cd wallet out there. Now they have BROWN STITCHING put against black koskin leather. The handle looks completely cheap and it comes from inside the wallet. Letting you know that there is no telling what is holding it in place. The mesh screen IN the handle is gone, so no more labels can be placed in it. They are seriously terrible and that's all you can find when you go out shopping for one. I found this out and quickly rushed to my favorite local electronic store and bought the last (previous model 320 koskin) cd wallet that I was lucky to find in the very back of the shelf. The rest were the new UGLY and cheaply made ones at the SAME PRICE. I bought that wallet just in case I needed it within the year and good thing I did, because I needed it, and now need another. I'm now out of space and in desperate need for a new cd wallet, but I refuse to buy one of these new ones. It doesn't matter if you get the koskin leather (which is my favorite) or the fabric ones, they are both repulsive in this years model. So now I sit with old spool casings that used to hold all my blank cd's now holding my real cd's and dvd's until case logic comes back into focus and sells a better quality and improved (this time for real) cd wallet. This is pretty much everything that the previous 2 reviews say. I just COMPLETELY agree with everything they say and I'm hoping that somebody from case logic or word gets out to the people and they notice a huge slump in their sales this year. Please Case Logic, no more brown stitching, poor quality handles and less features in your next model design of these wallets... my fingers are crossed.

I just received this case in the mail today. This is the second one I have bought off of amazon (this exact item), but this one was not exactly the case described and pictured above. It had a cardboard sleeve/carton wrapped around it that also described and pictured this item as it appears above. The cardboard wrapper didn't match the item in it.

I like the new design better though. It looks nicer, the Koskin material is slightly brown, but just barely (it looks black until you inspect it closely). The Handle is more secure, actually attached inside the material.



THE ONLY BAD DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE 16 SLOTS IN THE FRONT OF THE CASE AREN'T REMOVABLE, LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. I own the other case (the one described and picture above), and the removable 16 CD folder is pretty handy.



Otherwise, I'm happy with the changes and will not return it. In fact, I'm ordering another one!! BUT, AMAZON SHOULD CHANGE THEIR DESCRIPTION.

Ok, I almost didn't get this because of all the bad reviews, but I'm glad I did. Maybe it's not the same as the old version and maybe it's not as good, I don't know because I've never owned the old version, but this one is great. It feels sturdy, looks nice, and does its job.



One complaint I saw over and over was that it had brown stitching as opposed to black. Personally, I love the brown stitching. It seems to give it a more retro appearance.



Don't worry about the negative reviews. They are all from people who owned the first version. If this is the first time you're buying this one, you won't regret it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information