Saturday 3 September 2011

Outdoor Gear - camouflage, outdoor gear


I wanted to wait to review this till I had field tested it. It finally got use two days ago as I spent around 4 hour in the rain. Worked like a charm. My only complaint is its country of origin (Chi-Com). I would highly recommend this product. Rothco 4358 G.I. PLUS ENHANCED WOODLAND DIGITAL CAMO RIP-STOP PONCHO

Without a doubt an essential element for those who enjoy the charms of nature.

It allows you to isolate yourself from the rain and if necessary it becomes a shelter, with just a bit of rope you would get an emergency tent.

It is lightweight and easy to carry, comes in a thick plastic bag which will allow a practical and convenient transport.

I love this version of camouflage as it is the most advanced.

Great product and very useful.

I love the outdoors camping and hiking.The lighter my backpack the better which is why i bought this poncho it makes for the perfect one person tent or shelter from the rain or the sun.Light as a feather and very sturdy also.Snap two together for a much roomier tent or three will also make a floor.

On a positive note, this poncho is much lighter than the military issued model. I have not field tested this poncho, but I have serious doubts about the quality. Mine was missing one grommet. The color and pattern are okay, but somewhat lighter than the picture. This poncho may not be ready for serious use, but it's probably okay to stick one in your bug out bag for emergency rain wear or shelter.

This poncho proved to be very good when we were surprised by high winds and a sleet shower while hiking at about 6000 ft....I could wear it over my backpack.

It's not heavy and serves the purpose.

I would recommend this product.

I ordered this after reading the reviews thinking that this product would do what it was primarily intended to do, that being keeping you dry.



This morning we were receiving a moderate rain, so I thought it would be a good test when I went to walk my dog. I fastened the hood over my head, and started out on a mile and half walk. About a third of the way, (10 minutes) I could start to feel moisture inside the poncho. By the time I got back home, my head and shoulders were soaked and the rest of my upper body quite damp.



Save your money, find something else.

Unfortunately, I cannot say much good about this poncho except that it looks really cool and seems durable. Others have given it good reviews; maybe I got one that slipped past quality control, but I know that at least one other customer has already said what I am about to.



The whole point of a poncho is to keep the wearer dry, right? That's what I was expecting. That the product was not advertised as "100% waterproof" didn't phase me. After all, who would ever sell a poncho that *isn't* waterproof?? Apparently, Rothco does.



The first time I tried the poncho was at the onset of a heavy downpour. Within minutes I could feel moisture on the inside of it, and later when I got inside and pulled it off, I was completely soaked! I was really upset, but instead of returning the product, I decided to try to waterproof it myself. I picked up some silicone spray for tents from Wal-Mart, followed the directions carefully, and didn't use the poncho for a few months. Today I finally got to try it again-- thank you tropical storm Lee. While it did stay drier for a bit longer, after I had been outside walking for about an hour, I was drenched again.



I have given up hope on this one. If you need some concealment for paintball or airsoft on a dry day, have at it. If you need something to actually keep the rain away, something that a real GI or outdoorsman would appreciate, do yourself a big favor and forget about it.

These are well made and the digital camo allows the wearer to blend into your outdoor surroundings. Great for paintballing, observing nature and when the weather turns foul they keep you dry, if one owns the poncho liner they also keep you warm in the coldest of weather and wind proof. Rothco makes great products.

I recently took up hunting again (wild pigs in Texas), and while I've been a serious backpacker since 1971, I never owned a poncho; never saw the need. But now, I find that using one shields me and my rifle from the rain and wind and, at the same time, provides excellent camouflage. I've used the tie-out points to lash it to trees as a quick shelter in 30mph winds - with no tears. I'm now buying it as a gift for friends who also hunt. - Outdoor Gear - Camouflage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information