Saturday 3 September 2011

Protector - display, guard


Good screen protector for your 60d

60d owners have the problem that they can't apply thick plastic shells to protect the lcd because it won't close properly.

This thin film fits perfect on the screen and closing it afterwards isn't a problem. Of course it's not really thick and hard and probably won't protect from forces greater than the occasional scratch or bump etc.. Don't get me wrong, it does protect your screen. But I assume that most 60d users flip their screen inwards anyway when not in use.

Another thing I love about this. While I applied it I managed to get 2 air bubbles trapped underneath. Already thinking I ruined it I managed to move the bigger one towards the edge (with credit card wrapped in the cloth which comes with it) The smaller one which was left annoyed me but didn't change the perception of the screen at all. The website of the manufacturer said that smaller air bubbles would disappear in a couple of days. Which actually really happened due to the construction of the material. The film sticks like glue now :) Digital Camera Anti-Fingerprint Display Protection Film (Pro Guard AF) for Canon EOS 60D

One of the many great things on a 60D is its swivel lcd screen and if you are like me, and like to protect your electronics this screen protector is great for you. It is very easy to apply(just make sure to take your time so you dont trap any dust between the protector and the screen), its hardly noticeable once on the screen and comes with a 12 by 8 inch microfiber cloth. It seems like it will protect my screen quite well, but what it really does for me is keeps my mind off the possible scratches and smudges that come with a regular usage of the camera. And keep in mind that for 12$ you get 2 screen protectors, so it is a decent deal.

The LCD protector film fits properly, is fairly easy to install and seems to work quite well. The complaint I have is that the products they specify to clean it with are $60 - ouch! If I find that I can't clean it properly with lens cleaner and lens cleaning tissue or hot breath and a soft cloth I may mark the rating down even lower. But, for now the protective film is doing what it is advertised to do.

I like this screen protector. It does a good job at protecting my 60D's screen. It is a little bit thicker than a normal cellphone screen protector. The only downside I guess is it sometimes collect smudges... but that's a minor issue.

I had this soon after I got the 60D camera. The package comes with two films and so far I only need to use one. It is very easy to apply and I have experienced no air bubble gaps between the film and the viewing glass, except at the very edge. Without telling, one would not notice there is a film there.

A light rub would clear off the finger prints or my nose grease. For a few months now, the film stayed well although I have not really abused it. So I would not know how long the film will stay under heavy usage or in moisture conditions. I am happy with it so far.

These screen protectors are perfect. Applied with very little effort. There were a few bubbles at first, which I expected but they were really easy to remove. The screen looks so good that you cannot tell that there is anything there. The only drawback is that the instructions are not in English, but these can be accessed online. But who really needs instructions on how to put on a screen protector anyway?! All I did was wipe down the screen with the included cloth, stuck the screen protector on, and used a small cardboard to wipe away a few bubbles. I believe there was a step that I missed but it really doesn't matter. After months of use of the camera, the screen protector looks great and shows no signs of wear. I've read about other protectors that don't allow the swivel door to close. These are film protectors so that is not an issue. Highly recommend.

I don't usually write reviews, but I had to mention that I was very impressed by this protection film. It comes with 2 (2!) screens, and a very high quality micro-fiber cloth. Installation was easy. Even comes with 2 sticky pieces of paper (like Post-Its) to remove any dust from the screen before placing the protector. My initial application was misaligned, so I had to peel it off and reposition it. No problem. It stuck again well, and with no bubbles. I would recommend reading and following the instructions carefully for best results.



Only downside, the instructions in the package are in japanese, and you have to go to their website to view english instructions. But, that's the only negative... :)

First thing I want to say - There are TWO protection FilmS in the package!



So for those who were grumbling about paying frikking $13 for screen protection, rest assured, you're technically paying $6.50 for two screen protectors.



Also, this comes with a huge-ass microfilm cleaner. I use it to clean my sunglasses too, thank you~



What I truly wanted to say is that this film screen protector is priceless. I was thinking of ordering this with my 60D, but didn't. After playing with my 60d for a couple of days, I realized that my OCD tendency wanted me to keep the screen clean. I couldn't really concentrate on taking pictures, because I was trying to keep my screen clean.



Once I got the screen protector on (which is fairly easy), I kept the screen outside and took photos like mad. It didn't bother me at all the my facial oil was stuck on the screen protector.



i actually think that I find the screen protector more worthy than my 50mm prime lens, haha. - Protector - Guard - Display'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information