Thursday 15 September 2011

Pampers Swaddlers - pampers, swaddlers


Pampers have been the only diaper that never leaked with our baby. However, I've been advised by our friends that Costco's Kirkland brand is equally superior, and MUCH cheaper, and have been using them for about one year now. I actually think that they are manufactured by the same company.

After our son was born the hospital used New Born Swaddlers on him and we loved them. They had a yellow stripe on the front that indicated when he had urinated which is sometimes hard to tell with new borns. But the Swaddlers we picked up in the store do not have this stripe, but the number on this site matches the number on the pampers bag the hospital ones came in.

The Dry Max diapers tend to leave the gel beads on my child's skin. I hate Dry Max diapers, so I scour the internet looking for Pampers Diapers without it. Thankfully I found this listing & was so happy with the purchase. The wetness indicator on the diaper helps immensely and they rarely leak.

We think these diapers are the best. Twin boys were just over 5 lbs at birth Huggies NB seemed to leak. We did not Dave any problems with Drymax, in fact, we thought it worked great to keep the boys dry. Many times the diapers were wet and soiled but their bottoms were pretty clean. The stool was trapped on the other side of the mesh.

I bought two boxes of 240 diapers because we were using 16 or more per day. We had a hard time finding enough in local stores. But the boys grew faster than anticipated and we had a few left when it was time for the next size.

Diapers are still not leak proof if the penis isn't tucked down, or if they have a very large bowel movement, but I think that is the case for any diaper

These were my favorite diapers when our son was born. He is four months old now and the swaddler line has been demoted from my first choice to second, behind the Cosco Kirkland brand diapers. The Kirkland brand is amazing and I would highly recommend looking into those if you have the opportunity. If you are looking for the Swaddlers diapers that have the yellow line, look for the boxes that say something about being hospital issue...we found some on Amazon, but it's impossible to find these in the brick and mortar stores...unless you buy Huggies.

I learned that different stores can carry different versions of the same product - if the walmart pampers swaddlers are a lot cheaper than target, for instance, it may be because pampers is making a "cheaper" version for sale at walmart.



These are the diapers used in the hospital when our son was born & actually have the "hospital product" logo on them. The price was definitely better than in a local store, & they arrived very quickly. Signing up for "amazon moms" gave us an additional discount as well. great buying experience - I will continue to buy diapers here.

This is a review comparing the newborn diapers I used for my twin girls. I used over 300 newborn size diapers in 3 weeks and here's what I think of each brand I used.



Pampers swaddlers sensitive: I used these first. I liked the nice green line in the center that tells you when the diaper is wet because for those first few days, baby pee is sometimes too small to see by looking into the diaper. I did find the cut to be a bit awkward for the babies fresh out of the hospital. I had to fold the top of it wouldn't cover their cord



Huggies Pure & Natural: I loved the cut of this. It's pricey but I think it was my favorite despite the fact that I couldn't find any color-change pee indicator so I had to change when it looked like we needed it



Pampers swaddlers: The softness of this was heavenly but I did have a blowout in this. The only blowout in 300



Huggies little snugglers: My least favorite. The color-change-for-pee line is not that sharp for me plus this is the diaper that makes me believe all environmentalists that diapers are full of chemicals. Occasionally I take off the diaper and I see some crystals on babies' tush. Definitely chemical-full and not my favorite.

We had been looking for the same type of diapers that the hospital was using when our baby was just born. We bought some pampers newborn swaddlers at Babies R Us, Target, Walmart, but none was like the one from the hospital until we found these. They delivered a bit late (a week after we ordered) but the product did come in as described on the description and we were happy.



Product is amazing. We used Huggies a couple of times, and our baby keeps leaking with huggies. Pampers managed to keep all dry all the time.

We used these diapers with our first baby after we were given some by the hospital. We were devastated when we couldn't find them for our second. All we could find were the ones with 'dry max'. When my husband found them on Amazon, I freaked out. I know, it's just diapers, but finding a quality diaper is a huge deal!! They are just as soft absorbent and leak free as they were with our first baby. I just L-O-V-E these!! - Pampers Swaddlers - Soft - Pampers - Swaddlers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information