Thursday 15 September 2011

Portable Heater - heater, heaters


It delivers what is advertised, but few people (including myself) actually realize how much heat 100W is.



It basically takes a 100W light bulb and spreads the energy across a 3x2 ft panel. It will raise the temp under your desk a degree or two, but if you are expecting "radiant" heat, you need to look elsewhere. Indus-Tool CL Cozy Legs Flat-Panel 150-Watt Radiant Heater

I bought this heater for our bird cage to keep them warm during cool season. Its radiant model works just great, zero noise, distributes the heat evenly and does not disturb the birds like the regular fan heater models that not only not energy efficient but also really noisy. And best of all, it uses only 100W - try to compare it to any other regular heater that would eat 750W-1000W minimum. Got it amortized in less than two months. The overall dimension is about 16"x22"x1" so it can be placed anywhere. I'm glad I found this one and Amazon is the best and least expensive place to buy from.

This certainly isn't marketed at people with a knowledge of thermodynamics. It advertises that it uses 1/10 the heat of a space heater, but that means it also puts out 1/10 of the heat.



As as space heater I can see this thing being pretty poor because of its low heat output, but It worked perfectly for my application. I used it for a makeshift kotatsu (a Japanese heated table) It works great for that because you don't want 1000 watts cooking your feet. Its really thin, and it won't burn you if you hit it with your knee. It was a tad difficult to mount upside-down. I cut out some wooden mounting blocks and screwed it directly into the bottom of the table. They give you velcro to mount it vertically, which is a joke considering how heavy it is.

I attached the heater to my custom kotatsu with industrial velcro. The heater is fire safe and will not burn you unlike most kotatsu heaters. It just the right temp. My feet don't sweat! I have now been using it over 2 years and it is my favorite place to study or just to watch tv.

I purchased this to use on my bird cage. I have a rescue bird that was severely feather plucked. I was very concerned about keeping him warm without the worry of safety. I attached it to the outside of the cage using a home-made bracket. It works great! I leave it on 24 hours a day. When the bird needs extra warmth, he just snuggles up next to it. The other birds love it too! I feel very safe having it on all of the time as the heat source is encased in the panels. Thanks for a great product!

I bought this to place on one side of a parakeet cage, with a cloth covering the other four sides. I didn't want to heat my whole house or run a high wattage space heater while I was away at work during the winter.



Total success for this purpose, at about $100 less than the same item in different packaging sold through pet supply sites.

I bought this heater to heat my lovebird, without using a lot of energy or creating a fire hazard. In order for my bird to be warmed by it, it would have had to be within an inch of the heater, or pressed up against it.

You certainly don't have to worry about getting burnt. It puts out a little warmth but not a lot. I live where it doesn't get extra cold. If you live back East where it gets really cold, I don't think this would do the trick for you.

Our desk sits between a large window and a sliding door. During the winter a cold draft slides down from them into the leg space and it really bugs her. So I set this Christmas present up and now she's very happy. No noise, no smell, no danger. Gotta love it! - Heater - Budget - Kotatsu - Heaters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information