Friday 2 September 2011

Panasonic Cordless Phone


Panasonic KX-TG6545B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Answering System with 5 Handsets



Just to qualify - I rely HEAVILY on my phones for constant daily use in work / business calls and I use the headset feature a lot as well as speakerphone. I've been using similar types of phones for about 5 years now and have owned Uniden TRU8885, Uniden TRU9485, Uniden DECT2085-3, and Panasonic KX-TG1033S.



I've been using this new set of Panasonic KX-TG6545B DECT 6.0 for about 32 days (as of the time of this review) and so far these are the best out of the bunch.



LIKES:

- Handsets are lightweight and comfortable

- VERY EASY TO SET UP AND GET RUNNING

- Sound is clear on handset AND HEADSET (optional separate purchase), the latter of which is really important to me

- Almost no crackling noise when I accidentally shift the headset connector around

- Talking Caller ID actually works! It's not perfect at pronouncing some words, but you definitely know who is calling without looking

- Very full array of features!

- Buttons are big enough for people like me with big hands, and the spacing between the buttons really helps avoid wrong presses

- Battery life is excellent AND they take standard NiMH AAA rechargeables, so NO MORE PROPRIETARY BATTERY REPLACEMENT HASSLES! BIG PLUS!

- Lots of redial and caller ID memory

- Phonebook groups for easy lookup and dial quickly

- AUTOMATICALLY copies your phonebooks to all handsets just by saving an entry on one handset



DISLIKES:

- The speaker phone on the handsets is a tiny bit too susceptible to background noise, but still acceptable

- Still, as with all others like these, on rare occasion the sound drops out or phone says no signal even 2-feet away from base. (HOWEVER, this problem occurs less than with any of the other 4 or 5 brands/models I've tried)

- There is some lag (delay) when answering a new call or flashing to another incoming call. Have to wait a couple seconds for the other party to hear you pick up.



OVERALL IMPRESSION:

I'm much more satisfied with this set than any of the others I've tried in this price-range. It's not perfect, but definitely 4-Star worthy and I would recommend trying this set if you need a multi-handest DECT 6 solution to cover the whole house.



UPDATE - MARCH 7, 2011

I've now been using this KX-TG6545B set daily for over 6 months, and I still love it. It is undoubtedly better (in my opinion) then all of the other sets I tried and listed in the beginning of my review. The headset jacks on the handsets still sound perfectly clean with no crackling (whereas almost all the other sets had headset jack noise issues) and the phones hold a charge for far longer than I expected. The features are fantastic and easy to customize. And even on 3 different floors of the house including the basement I can only recall losing signal / range twice since I wrote the original review. Best in class, in my opinion, and I would definitely recommend this set over any of the others I mentioned! If you depend on your phones daily for heavy use and important calls, but you don't have a thousand bucks to spend, this set is affordable, reliable, easy, and feature-rich. Panasonic KX-TG6545B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with Answering System and 5 Handsets

When I need a cordless telephone, I only look at one brand: "Panasonic". I've tried many brands and was never completely satisfied like I am with a Panasonic. In fact I have returned every other brand of cordless phone that I have ever purchased. They're just not as good as Panasonic.



The sound quality is outstanding and the ease of use is unbelievable. The only thing that I am dissatisfied with in this newest handset design is that Panasonic changed the "message waiting indicator light" on the top of the handset. The light no longer wraps around to the front and back of the phone. It is now mounted flush on the top of the handset. If you are at eye level with the phone you cannot see that the message waiting light is flashing. A very poor design. The handset does however display that a voice message is waiting on the front LCD screen, but it does not attract your attention like a flashing light.



Speaking of the LCD screen, this has got to be the best LCD screen that I have ever seen in my entire life. The print is very large and super easy to read. The white back-lighting is phenomenal with a very high contrast. You will love it!



The illuminated keypad is one of the main reason I purchased this phone. I had an older Panasonic that still works like a champ, but I wanted the illuminated keypad feature which my old unit did not have.



Talking caller ID is another big selling point. It's so nice not to get up to read the information off of the screen when the phone rings. All of the handsets plus the base unit announce who is calling in a very clear and easy to hear and understand voice. Nice job Panasonic!



This phone was so easy to set up that I did not even open the instruction manual. Everything was intuitive.



Lastly, when you buy Panasonic, you know you are going to get a quality product. I own their Plasma TV's, Technics Turntables, Electric Razors just to name a few. All state of the art technology and quality!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information