Friday 2 September 2011

Portable 12v Air Compressor - portable power, portable 12v air compressor


A great ergonomically designed little jump start unit.

I love the fact that it can be left plugged in perpetually

and will take care of itself. I'm not mechanically inclined

so the less I need to do the better.



The only complaint I have about it is that it doesn't come

with a cord to plug into the wall. You have to get a heavy

duty extension cord to connect it to the wall, and they

never tell you that when you are reading the product

description. For the price of this item, I think it should

come with a simple short extension cord. Energizer 84020 12V All-In-One Jump-Start System with Built-In Air Compressor and Power Inverter

If it weren't for my All in One, I would have been dead in the water, literally, on Lake Lewisville in Texas. Needless to say, we ran the stereo & fish finder WAY longer than we should have and found ourselves stuck in a cove in the middle of nowhere. We brought the all in one, with the intention of just using it to inflate to tubes for the kids, but the Jump Start feature is what really saved us. I didn't even realize that it had a light on the handle (thank you wife for noticing) but that came in handy too trying to jumpstart a boat in the dusk while mosquitoes were starting to attack! I have since recommended it to many of my co-workers and fishing buddies.

I was intimidated by all the other industrial looking jump starters but this one is so easy to use: just follow the numbers printed right on the starter 1,2,3! This is the starter for people who are uncomfortable messing with car or other batteries.

This jump-starter, air compressor, inverter, is of excellent quality and usefulness. As mentioned in other reviews, it would be nice if they included an AC power cord; and possibly a DC power/charging cord for the price. This is a fairly large unit and takes up a large amount of room in a trunk or the back of a station wagon/hatchback. It charges fast and has plenty of reserve power to start our motor home or inflate large tires. Great carry handle.



UPDATE 19 May 2011: The user manual was missing. Now I need it to check something. Item itself is pretty user friendly. Tried to download manual on website from manufacturer (UPGI.com) but no manuals or documents available from support. None available from Energizer. Tried Google. No one has uploaded manual yet. Finally found support 800 number for UPG Inc. which is also a wholesale/retail sales number. Nice lady answered. She took my name, email, telephone, address, etc. Said she would "look around" for one and send it "somehow" if she finds one.



Apparently, this is a "marketing arrangement" where they buy the use of the Energizer name, then import and distribute it.



Design pretty good. Sales-marketing good. Support not so good. Technical support essentially non-existant. Downgraded to two stars. Will post another update if I ever get the manual.

I spent a few weeks researching different jump starters and I wanted something that was easy to use, had a built in float charger, air compressor and was cost effective.



This unit fit the bill and the additional features (plug-ins) is a bonus.



These boxes are basically a battery you charge and use it to start your car when your battery is dead. When you charge batteries you must be careful NOT to overcharge...meaning, you can not just plug them in and leave them until you are ready to use them 1, 2, 9 months later. The overcharge will literally cook the battery and render it useless. Suprisingly there are very few jump boxes on the market with built in float chargers...meaning, when the battery is fully charged it will go into a float mode and trickle charge the battery not overcharge.



I have used this box 5-6 times over the last 4 months and it has performed flawlessly...even started our 2005 Diesel truck and that takes some power!



Agree with many of the other users the box should come with a cord to plug it in...another $10 at the store and the cables could be just a touch longer as it is sometimes difficult getting to a grounded location with the negative cable.



All in all I knew about the need for a power cord and cable length going in and I felt this was the best product for the price...value!

The Energizer All-In-One is a great item to have when you take road trips. My husband and I were on our way to Arkansas for a vacation and suddenly a low tire! We were miles away from any gas station and remembered that the All-In-One was in the trunk. We aired up our tire and made it to our destination on time. I think everyone should have this in their car. Highly recommended!

I purchased my all in one to take to the lake for memorial weekend.



In one weekend, I boosted a friends jet skis several times, put air in the tires of the fifth wheel and ran my laptop while sitting by the lakes edge.



I look this handy product and have others wanting to buy them.



Simple and easy to use and affordable power.

I bought this charger to replace an old charger (Duracell brand) that had worked wonders for me for years...but finally gave out. This Energizer charger works really well and includes an air compressor, with which I topped off all four tires (added 10 psi to each tire...I know I waited too long to inflate them) and it worked like a champ. Only drawback this charger has is it needs an extension cord to charge it (spent less than $10 on a 12ft one from H--- D----). This model has a built in sensor to avoid overcharging, so you can leave it plugged in until you need it without overcharging the battery. Very happy with this purchase.

After purchasing this product 6+ months ago, I came back to my car after work only to find my car battery drained. I popped the Energizer jump starter all-in-one out of my trunk, connected the cables, turned the dial to "Jump" and cranked the engine.



It took me about one minute to wrap the cables, turn it off, and return it to my trunk.



It was that simple. - Air Compressor - Portable 12v Air Compressor - Power Supply - Portable Power'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information