Saturday 24 September 2011

Phone Cable - iphone 4, ipod cable


Okay, I hopefully want to leave a helpful review for people.



So first off, I ordered this cable because I wanted to be able to charge my ipod from long distances away.

When I travel, the wall socket is not always close to where I want it to be, because I use a wall adapter.

I did not get this for syncing because I knew it would not work.



Now, The actual cable I received was 6.5 feet long exactly, But, it was white.

Why did I get a white cable, I don't know, but I really don't mind the color of my sync cable.



Now, The reason you are all having trouble with syncing is because of the length of the cord. When a cord gets to be that long it has higher latencies, and syncing with it can be a heck of a mess to attempt. Because power is usually sent at a constant rate, it is not affected by the cord length, or latency does not matter. But with data, it is sent from the USB and by the time it gets to the ipod it is slightly scrambled; and I'm sure that the actual quality of the wire inside the shielding isn't that great either, although that doesn't matter to power, as long as there is a connection.



So, if you are considering getting this cable, be aware that it will:

1) Maybe come in white...

2) Probably not sync correctly

and 3) Charge perfectly (which is all I needed it for) Extra Long Black iPod / iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4 USB Charge and Sync Cable, More Than Double the Length of the Standard Cord - 2m (6.5ft) Long. UPDATE: NOW FITS IPHONE 4 BUMPER AND ALL OTHER CASES

Hello.



I recently purchased this cable due to its blackness beauty. Sadly, I don't know if this product is just "cheap" quality or mine was defective.



Pros:



Its black.



Cons:



Takes about 40 seconds to start the charge.

Does not sync with iPhone 3GS.

Took 25 min for just 1% charge!!!





Will request a replacement. Update if the other product is good.

Worked the first time and then started having problems. When we

use it it started messing up the keyboard on the I phone so that the phone

would not work until you unplugged it and shut down the phone

and restarted it. I would not recommend this at all, save your money.

An extra long iphone cable, who would have thought. I mean who really needs to sit farther than 2 inches from your phone while it charges. This product fixes that problem and is very reasonable, I am a happy shopper.

I have tried to use this cable for 3 weeks with both an iPad and iPhone 4. I really wish it was reliable, but it is not. Save yourself the $10.



The iPad and iPhone frequently disconnects or becomes unavailable in iTunes. This is without any case on the devices. Whenever I switch back to the original Apple cable, everything works perfectly.



The iPad shows up as having 'null' software version when using with Xcode.



The devices display the charging indicator, however they never charge when plugged into this cable.



The connector on this cable is thicker than the original Apple cable and this prevents reliable functionality when using the official Apple Bumper case.

The length of this cable is great, it feels as long as every cable should be whiles still being thin and very manageable. The cable stays plugged into my iPad/iPhone authentic Apple charger but only really charges the iphone. It seems to not like charging the iPad. When the iPad is plugged in it does not charge. My ipad is currently on 4.2.1. Other than that, for it's length alone I would recommend it. The price could be better though, that way I would have gotten multiple cables if they were 5 bucks a pop. - Phone Cable - Ipod Cable - Iphone - Iphone 4'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information