Wednesday 28 September 2011

Product Launch


When I decided to begin the process of turning my dream into a reality, I was stunned at the difficulty of finding real-world answers regarding product development. Although every situation is unique, Launch It! provided the level of reference that enabled me to begin taking real steps towards finding the information that was specific to my concept. I've read other books on marketing and the retail industry specifically, but nothing in all my searching has come close to Launch It! for the comprehensive base of knowledge that can be applied to any concept and followed step by step to real success. The mysteries of taking a product from concept to launch are solved with this book and I highly recommend it for anyone with a great idea and a dream for success! Launch It!: How to Turn Good Ideas Into Great Products That Sell

Launch It! is a book that completely covers every step in taking a basic idea and launch it into the marketplace as a product that people will actually buy. The basic process has been well developed over many years and includes:



evaluating an idea

identifying the customer base

identify emerging and important trends

raise capital, save time

avoid mistakes

trade magazines, trade shows, trade organizations.



If just one of the points brought up in this book keeps you from making a mistake, it is worth far more than the sales price of the book.



The writers are experts in bringing products to market, from the design phase to marketing, packaging, and sales.

I highly recommend this book! When they say "a step-by-step guide", they really mean it. Launch It! offered us countless suggestions and resources in short, precise chapters -- so we didn't waste time. Throughout the book, the authors give great examples that helped us hone in on each topic and clearly see what we need to do next.



The Launched & Growing stories, featured throughout the book, were wonderful and encouraging profiles of real companies that conquered their problems and went on to find big success.



The Resource Guide is very comprehensive, a "Yellow Pages" of hundreds of supply vendors, associations and trade shows we couldn't have easily found on our own.



A must read for budding entrepreneurs!

This book is one of the very best places to start if you have a product/ idea you want to launch to the public either via retail or wholesale channels. As a person who's interested in starting a retail business I found so much helpful information & insight within these pages. Some were things I had already researched etc...but they covered many areas I lacked even a very basic knowledge about.



The layout of the chapters & the topics covered is very fluid & easily accessible. The authors definitely have a solid, resourceful background in marketing & product launching & their expertise is weaved in a very no nonsense fashion throughout each chapter. They included a thorough resource guide in the back of the book that should prove to supply relevant & useful contact names/numbers etc when needed.



I especially appreciated their user friendly, non condescending approach, & their careful explanation of terms that a novice may not be familiar with.



I've read the book twice...& have underlined countless good points that I'll likely refer to many times in the future. With all the meat & potatos here..without question a book I'd highly recommend!

When I read Launch It, I rediscovered things that I may have known but had forgotten. The authors reminded me of tried and true basics, adding many new and up-to-date ways to implement those basics. I liked the guidance they provided, using their experience to give me practical, current business and marketing information.

I like the book as a good resource guide for Trade Show/Event Strategies, considerations to License vs. produce and other related contact information...However, Books such as "New Product Launch: 10 Proven Strategies" and New Product Development, by Cooper, are much better for overall strategy and deployment.



Book is written in a very approachable way and I could easily see it being used in the workplace as a team reading assignment that could "launch" ideation planning sessions...

I was disappointed. After reading the other reviews I expected something useful but this book is so basic it looked like the authors just threw together a few articles and basic web research. I would recommend this book only if you have no experience in business, have never taken a business course, nor read any other book on business ever.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information