Wednesday 28 September 2011

Analog-digital Watch - sport watch, analog-digital watch


got this watch on sale at sears for around 25$ i needed an alarm but hate the all digital watches and couldn't afford an all analog watch with alarm and chrono so i got this. casio makes way more analog/digital combo watches that any other maker. this watch is fantastic, large buttons, simple digital functions, you got the time on top then month,day and day of week on bottom. then alarm, stopwatch and a second timezone if you need that on bottom instead of the date..illuminator blue light lights up analog and digital display.. if i could change one thing i would give this watch a glass crystal because after a while you get scratches because its a plastic face. But all you need is to buff it with 'white paste style toothpaste' and it looks brand new again. Some people might have trouble reading the digital display, its not very big. Casio Men's AQ150W-1EV Ana-Digi Chronograph Sport Watch

This watch has performed flawlessly for a few years, all the while being subjected to rugged use in the pool, in the ocean, while running, etc. Watchband broke after about 1.5 years. Mine was truly waterproof for the pool and ocean (no diving). So comfortable I even forgot it was on when getting in shower. Digital readout not easy to read while running, which is inconvenient when you want to use stopwatch function.

As long as your expectations are not too high, you are likely to be happy with this watch. With my old failing eyesight, I wanted something that was easy to read in good and bad light. This fits the bill nicely. Keeps very good time and is pretty easy to set. But there is nothing fancy about it, which is what you should expect for $25. Cheap looking hands with no glow in the dark paint on a plain painted dial. No fancy patterns, relief or anything else. Black dail with gold hash marks.Day, date/timer is tiny, but readable with glasses. Backlight works well on main face and day date window. I wear in shower with no issues. Supposed to be safe for swimming and snorkeling. Band is comfortable. More flexible than past plastic bands. Hope that doesnt mean it falls apart sooner but it might. I looked for a long time for an inexpensive watch that had date that was easy to read and am very happy with this one.



Update Sept 2011: This watch is still going strong two years later. The band fell apart a few months ago but was easily replaced for a few bucks. Plastic "crystal" scratches easily but what do you expect for this price. The case has faded from black to dark gray but not a big issue. Overall, it has held up relatively well and the fact that it is still working makes it a buy in my book

I've had this watch for two weeks. Good looking watch, and only $20.95, but after wearing it while cleaning our patio with a hose, the inside fogged up. Condensation is ringing the crystal. I've had inexpensive running watches last for years, but once moisture gets inside, it's dead. During the two weeks it came in contact with high humidity perspiration, suncreen, water. I expect more from this type of watch.

I bought this watch three months ago specifically for hiking and backpacking, with its high water-reistant rating and rubber wrist band. It has been on two week-long trips, and developed visible moisture under the crystal each time. Exposure was nothing more than sweat or a minor splash from a stream. I would send it back, but its not worth paying shipping to get a partial refund. Very disappointing.

Casio has been pretty good with their reputation for their G-shock timepieces.

I wanted something different.

I'll be going to Navy bootcamp next month and they said that I couldn't wear a watch with the shiny bands. So i was desperately looking for a watch with a black wristband. But the inexpensive ones i've seen so far were full digital watches. Then I came across this watch. It was perfect. I wanted an inexpensive Analog watch with a digital display, Chronograph function, and hopefully a date function as an extra. This watch has it all. I just bought this watch 3 days ago and have been impressed by it. Simple, yet stylish, durable and tough for water activities, and even outdoor activities.

It has a simple Analog display on top then I put the digital time on the bottom because I wanted it in the 24 hour format so I could train myself reading military time. (e.g. 1pm - 1300, 2pm - 1400). This watch even has a chronograph that could help me time my run!

In general, this watch is very good for its price, which is just a fraction of a high-end wristwatch that almost has the same features elsewhere!

The band is really comfortable and soft and not irritating to my wrist at all. The watch itself is so light, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing it. The displays are all easy to read. the digital display though may be a little small but its just what you could expect for the price. I've recently swam with it, ran with it, and no problems so far. I'm surprised that the seawater didn't do any rust damage on the screws.

I would say this would be a good watch for any person with an active lifestyle, and it's even great for everyday wear.

This little watch has all the features of a watch costing two to three times what it costs.

It is easy to set the various features -- a stop watch, a timer, calendar, alarm and digital time. It was exactly what I wanted in a sport watch. The picture of the watch does not do it justice as I find the actual watch better looking. The only drawback is that the digital window is a little small which makes it hard to read the numbers. However, the backlight does a lot to improve legibility. In all, you can't go wrong with this watch considering the reasonable price.

The best recommendation I can make about this watch is that I have purchased three of them. I had one for five years and the battery just failed this week. I did not replace the battery because the watchband broke a couple of years ago and I was using this watch as a backup for its replacement, which was the same type of Casio watch. The second one was working fine, but I left it behind at the gym in a locker, and it disappeared. When I went looking for a replacement, I did spend some time browsing watches, but could not find one that fit my requirements: an analog face (I prefer this for my watches) with an alarm and a stopwatch. It does have a small digital display for the stopwatch, alarm, date, and a second time setting, which is fine. The watch itself has a ruggedly handsome appearance. Some might find the black display to be challenging to read, but it's fine for me. The watch is comfortable and lightweight. Some watches I tried at the store were heavy, which reinforced for me the comfortable feeling of this watch. - Sport Watch - Analog-digital Watch - Water Resistant - Fitness Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information