Sunday 25 September 2011

Pull Ups - chin up bar, pull-up bar


Came in a Cheap-o box. I thought it was crappy hardware. Did not feel smooth adjusting the width.



I got the bar up and it has been very sturdy, I hang, swing and stress test it. No problems.



Strong pullup bar. I would suggest to anyone looking for one.



Those new perfect pullup bars are expensive. Dont waste your money. Deluxe Pull-up Bar

Easy to install, decent item. Only complaint is that the foam hand grips don't move so if you want to grip them when using it, you have to be off center. The bigger the doorway, the farther to the side you'll be, which feels a little odd.

The bar is good - comes without instructions though and a couple of bits that I have no idea what to do with, but at least it looks like the picture and seems to work well. This is one that you twist into place and you can risk using it without the brackets if you want, although if you are not in a brick building this will force the wood to move in your walls so be ware. If you can afford to have a door constantly unable to be used for a while - i.e. it stays open all the time then use the brackets that will ensure the bar doesn't fall down hitting your daughter on the head as she uses it as a gymnastics bar for spinning round.

I payed just over $20 a week ago, from this same seller, and I'm pretty satisfied, so far. Here's the issues with it that I've found:

- there are NO instructions for installation. If you are tempted to unscrew the two little bolts in the center, DON'T! It took me a very long time to put them back almost where I found them. Just twist the ends until it's the right length.

- doorways larger than 3 feet will leave you off center.

- Foam pads, while comfy, are too close, and not adjustable.

- Mounting brackets (unless you're brave or dumb and don't want to use them) require three screws on each end. This is a lot of damage to do to your door! If you're like me, and can't use the ones that just hang from the doorframe, look for something a little more user friendly to install.



Still, I'm thrilled to have a pull up bar in my apartment, and I haven't hurt myself using this one, yet!

This pull up bar is exactly what I expected when I was looking for a telescopic bar. My only problem is that the doorframe to my room is too weak, so it cracked a little. Other than that, the bar works exactly like it was supposed to.

I read all review and was hesitant to buy. At first, I thought only one side extended because i read it here on the reviews section. Not true. You simply have to extend the other side too lol Not to hard. Came with everything needed. It does take some time depending on your door way to get the sides to reach your desired width. Very Sturdy once up. Great Price. I think this is better than others. I mean what else do you need? The hand grips do not move, so if you dont extend the other side, your hands will be off center like one suggested in the review, but again, just extend the other side lol. Would highly recommend. Works great. Oh, it also comes with some fixtures to hold it in place if you dont trust it without. I have been using for about two weeks now without it and its still up very sturdy. I am about 160lbs by the way.

I purchased this item after reading reviews saying that the bar can hold weight of an adult using only the friction pads. However that it not true. In fact, it could not hold the weight of my 11yr old (about 80lbs) either. Moreever it needs a really solid door frame as it needs to push on the frame tightly. It is a good product with solid construction but you need to be ready to mount the holding brackets using screws onto your door frame.

i got this pull up bar today at April 1 and first time i tried it my frame cracked and it came with cheap box. But the product is great its very steady and feels safe to hang on it but check your frames before hanging this because if your frames are weak it mite crack them. - Pull-up Bar - Chin Up Bar - Chin Up - Core'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information