Sunday 25 September 2011

Exercise - exercise, fitness ball


I got this workout ball because I have cats and every time I've gotten one in the past the cats seem to be able to pop them with their claws. This one is great because it can't be popped and it just feels sturdier. The only problem I have with it is that I am exactly 5'6 and it is on the small side for me. So I would recommend that if you are on the edge of what they recommend for size, go the one step bigger otherwise you will regret it. Thera-band Red 55cm Slow Deflate System Pro-Series Anti-Burst Exercise Ball

I purchased this ball in the 55 cm size (red). This size seems ideal for my height (just shy of 5'5"), although choice of ball size is also a matter of personal preference. Unlike my previous ball, which was made of a thin, sticky vinyl, this ball is made of thick durable, smooth plastic. Furthermore, my previous ball lost air easily (I had to add air to it every time I used it), whereas I have NEVER had to add air to this ball since I purchased it almost two years ago. It is definitely worth the investment to pay a little more for a ball that is high quality and will never any maintenance, and so I highly recommend this product.

Love it! My physical therapist had me using one while in PT, & I just bought one to continue the good work. If I have it around the house, I'm much more likely to actually do the exercises that I know I need to do, & I can do them whenever a commercial comes on during TV shows. It's sturdy, easy to inflate/deflate. I just took it on a trip out of state for aweek-long conference, & it really was easy to pack. Once @ the hotel, I asked @ the desk clerk if anywhere on site there was a bike pump, & it turned out they had a compressor that blew it up lickety-split, to just the firmness I needed. So I was able to do my exercises just as if I were @ home, & without carrying bulky or heavy exercise equipment along.

The Theraball brand exercise ball is one of the best on the market. Many physical therapists use them because of their very high quality. I just bought the 55cm ball and also own a 65cm one, which I've had for over a year.



The product holds the air well once it is inflated - so it is not one you have to keep inflating! It is good to know that it is an "anti-burst" ball too.



I had such a good experience with IsoKinetics, the seller on Amazon, that I just placed another order with them for a shoulder pulley. I got the product in record time and there was good communication from them on when the order was received and when it was shipped. Their shipping costs were also reasonable. Everything was packaged well. I ordered a pump and some Therabands at the same time and everything was great. Order from them with confidence!

When I was a personal trainer, I used these with my clients. Fantastic product. The only thing is, I disagree with their sizing chart. I think you out to go with a size or two smaller than the height chart calls for. You want your knees to be bent at a 90 degree angle when you are sitting on the ball to allow for maximum benefit and full range of motion (if you're going to actually be using the ball to exercise, and not just bounce on when you're bored).

I bought two of these Thera Band exercise balls. My electric air pump would inflate them 10-15cm (in diameter) short of the target size. I was afraid I might burst the ball. After some hunting online, we learned we needed to use an air compressor. It worked like magic.



I would disagree with the other reviewers who claim the balls aren't big enough. They are, but you need an air compressor. This is a very high quality product, much thicker than my previous exercise ball.

I originally recieved a defective product, but the customer service perople were very helpful and immediately sent me out antother ball (before I returned the first one). The second ball inflated easily to the true size described and it is very sturdy. I am pleased with this purchase and would recommend this product.

The Theraband exercise ball is the highest quality ball I have purchased. The only negative is the initial stiffness of the ball. After inflating the ball, it was pretty hard for the first few weeks, making crunches somewhat uncomfortable. In the long run, however, once completely broken in, I think this ball will prove its worth.

When I received this item and had my husband inflate the ball, we found that the air valve was defective. I called customer service and they immediately shipped out a replacement ball along with a postage paid label for me to return the defective ball. The new ball is just fine, and is suited to my height. Overall, I am very satisfied with it and with the company that sent me the ball. - Exercise - Stability Ball - Fitness Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information