Sunday 18 September 2011

Restore Silver Plate - e-reader, ebook


This gold plating system really works! It's easy and plates well over sterling silver jewelry and even on costume pieces that the base metal is unknown. Heating the solution in the microwave really helps the process. I used another "dip" type gold plating solution that was not heated first and it did not work as well. This is good stuff for sure. Liquid Gold Plating System, Medallion Gold Plating Immersion System

The tarnished "gold" bracelet for which I purchased the kit did not accept the plating as well as I had hoped. It falls into the category which the product lists as "may turn dark due to having a coating." There was no way for me to know this until actually using the product, so I am disppointed with the result.

I would recommend that before this product is purchased, you are absolutely sure what type of metal your jewelry is made of. Most of us don't know the metal therefore only after using the product will you know if it works or not. $29.99 for a product that you have to experiment with is pretty pricey. So far my experience has been negative.

i bought this months ago on medallion's website and paid via paypal. i have for numerous times contacted medallion for my orders. they have not replied. bogus distributor esp i was ordering from overseas they have taken advantage of me. surprised they are selling their stuff in amazon.

This product works awesome on sterling silver, but there are several other metals they list that will work. Very easy and very quick. I actually had a fun time doing it. But you must read and follow the directions. If you do not, you will be unhappy with the results. If you follow the directions, you will have great results. After I was done plating my sterling silver pieces, I tried a ring of unkown metal. It did exactly what the instructions said would happen. It immediately (within 10 seconds) turned dark, and contaminated the gold plating liquid with flakes and it turned cloudy. but prior to doing that I had already plated 2 sets of earrings and 3 rings with great results. I had so much fun playing with this that I bought the refill and I am searching through all my old jewelry, looking for more items to plate.

To start with I had A hard time figuring how long to put the solution in the microwave to get the correct heat,I boiled away to much liquid learning how to use the product.When L learned it worked fine.It rubs off A bit if you polish it to hard,but all in all it works well.I give it 4 Stars.

I got this kit to touch up costume jewelry where the original gold plating had rubbed off. So far I have used it on the chains of a couple of necklaces and am pleased with the result. I can't say my jewelry looks 'good as new' but it is gold again and looks so, so much better than it did before when the base metal was exposed. The kit is also pretty easy to use. It's neat watching your jewelry turn gold in the solution. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a way to restore costume jewelry. - E-reader - Kindle Devices - Ebook - Re-plate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information