Friday 2 September 2011

Samsung - 1080p, 46 inch


Great picture with vivid colors, easy to use remote, menu options are easy to follow. We were not going to upgrade to an HDTV until we watched a couple of programs on a friends Samsung 46-inch LCD TV. No comparison to our old regular TV, the detail and color are amazing. Samsung LN46D630 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

I bought this on a whim at a local big-box store after seeing true blacks beat the competing LG 47" model. Everything about the TV is incredible, especially compared to the 32" Toshiba LCD it replaced. The display settings are all adjustable, for example, "Auto Motion Plus" with 1-10 settings for both blur and judder reduction.



It has a USB input on the recessed side and can play Divx AVI files, XVID, and a few video files types. If you're playing a movie file and stop it (accident or otherwise), the 'D button' on the remote will return you to the same spot. The player also has fast forward and rewind. Only minor complaints are the back-lit remote glows orange (cheap) and doesn't even light all of the buttons.



The big problem I have is light leakage in the bottom two corners. On a black screen, you can see this as a flashlight effect pointing at 45 degrees to the middle. I can adjust the settings and come close to fix it, but on a dark movie like "The Descent" - it's still there. This is totally not acceptable, as I bought the TV primarily to watch movies. I'll probably return it in the next few days. Maybe for the same, or the LG 47" model. I'd read this was a big problem with low-end edge-lit LED models so this is a bit disappointing.

I bought this a few weeks ago and it is absolutely amazing!! Its actually a little disturbing how realistic the picture quality is. I have no complaints about this TV. You can't beat the price for an LCD TV. The auto motion technology makes everything so life like. And even if you have just a basic DVD player this TV makes the DVD's look great!!

I love the picture and sound coming from this TV. I also love the stability that the stand provides. I have 2 little girls that run around and play in the livingroom right around the TV so I was a little nervous about having this TV sitting at their level. I purchased a TV stand that will hold up to a 46" TV and the stand that comes with the TV sits on it great. While factory stand provides some movement it would take a lot to knock the TV over. The picture quality is great and the speakers are surprisingly loud for their size.

Great picture quality, easy to use remote...took me 45 mins to setup the TV which is not bad at all..extremely happy with Paul's TV for delivering it 7 days prior to the shipping date......I'm not that big on realistic colors or anything...can't compare with any hdtv as I had a tube tv before so this is step-up for me anyway :)...just loving it..

Big Pic, beautiful color. . .jumps right out to you. Excellent character definition and does well time after time. Delivered to my door. Bought some sort of cable, plugged it in right out of the box and it has been running 16 hourd a day ever since.

This item arrived in good shape via FedEx, although the box had a few tears, scuff marks, and a large puncture--fortunately not in front or behind the the LCD panel!



With minimal adjustments, I've been able to obtain an amazing picture with good colors, brightness, and contrast. This set will automatically adjust screen brightness according to lighting in your room, which I found resulted at times in a picture too dim or somewhat "washed out." However,this is easily corrected by turning off the energy savings and eco sensor settings under "Eco Solution" in Menu. I, also, found that a one-notch adjustment to dynamic contrast and black tones, produced a more vibrant image with sufficient shadow details. Just take care that you don't ramp up too high on settings such as brightness, backlight, and contrast unless you want to lessen the life-expectancy of the CCFL backlight bulbs.



On-board sound system is acceptable, although I prefer my external hookup. "Auto-volume" is really nice, because it keeps sound levels more constant and no need to hit the "mute" button on the remote when loud TV commercials come along.

this tv is amazing. You can expect many of the good features of the latest tvs.



First of all, the quality and sound is through the roof. One of my best investments.



Secondly, you can plug your usb device or portable hard drive straight into the tv. This tv can play almost all movie formats. And the best part is, this tv also picks up the subtitle you put in in srt format. I dont have to turn on my ps3 from now on to watch movies anymore.



I am not sure about the longevity of the tv but it has been a month and good so far.

I just bought this, b/c my 2 yr old Panasonic Plasma died. The HD movie channels on this one appeared as if they were in 3D, which isn't possible with this tv. Movies, and some normal channels appeared like the original film, or raw film. My wife called it "soap opera" tv. It's hard to describe, but really weird and awful to watch. Nobody had any idea what I was talking about!



The review below by bigcstyle describes it perfectly and told me how to fix it-I was literally 1 hour away from returning. It's the Auto Motion Plus setting. Go to Picture settings and turn off Auto Motion Plus. Voila, normal television again. Thanks bigcstyle!



Oh, by the way, the guys at HH Gregg had no idea, thought I was an idiot and blamed my cable provider. Uverse came to the house today, couldn't figure it out, but narrowed it down to the tv. I only bought at HH Gregg b/c my Panasonic was from Best Buy, they didn't care about it, thought I would try elsewhere, but HH Gregg salesman are not professional-I am being polite.



How do I now like the tv? I really like it. The 120 Hz produces some blur in action or sports, not as smooth at all as the Plasma. However, it's a very clean and crisp picture. For $800.00, I am happy, now that I figured out the Auto Motion Plus. I recommend the tv. - 1080p - 46 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information