Saturday 24 September 2011

Scrub Brushes - water bottle, oxo


This brush is perfect for Nalgene bottles. It was not easy to find just the right brush, but now that I have, I am very happy. Another reviewer said that this brush was too big to fit in to a Nalgene bottle. That is not true. My Nalgene bottle has a 1 1/8" opening, which is the smallest opening I've seen for a Nalgene bottle, and this brush goes in and out of it with very little effort. The bristles are soft, which I like. It cleans much faster than my old brush because it's easier to control.



I have not reviewed many items, but I had to take the time to review this brush because every Nalgene bottle owner should have this bottle brush.



When I received my brush in the mail, some of the bristles on the end were flattened out from being in the box. After sitting on the counter overnight, the bristles had straightened back to their original form. So if yours has "bed head" when you get it, don't freak. It'll probably go back to normal with a little time. OXO Good Grips Bottle Brush

This is the first decent bottle brush I have found that fits through the neck of the narrow mouth Nalgene bottles. It's nice and soft, too, so I feel safe using it on my nice wine glasses. This brush was so hard to find so I was excited to find it here. Oxo better not ever discontinue this brush or I'll sue!!

This bottle brush is well made and GREAT for most things, but it has a THICK stem that will NOT go into regular size water bottles, so don't buy it for that! I tried to use it on the VOSS water bottle I use (recycle,) and for spice bottles, and my sport jug - it was hopeless. You need a regular old fashioned "baby bottle" brush with the thin wire stem for regular drinking bottles. OR TRY this incredible brush: Way Clean 33030 Bottle Brush which is under four dollars AND has a thinner shaft to fit more bottles, glasses, etc, and which is SLANTED to facilitate a thorough cleaning!

I have tried and bought over 5 baby bottle brushes in the past 2 months. I looked all over for one that cleaned well and wouldn't fall apart after a week! I am so happy I found this one. It looks like it would be stiff, but it's not. The bristles are soft and works great for baby bottles, water bottles and glasses. It really gets in to clean all the corners. I don't worry about it scratching the plastic at all. It has a long handle and it's well made. It even has blue bristles at the bottom so you can see through the suds.

I have had this brush for over two years now and I use it constantly. The colored end bristles are a little stiffer then the white ones so it's great for the bottom of jars especially the ones you have to clean for recycling. Makes hard work a breeze. After extreme daily use it still looks brand new, I just put it in a glass with bleach and water every so often to keep it nice and fresh. I purchased two and the other one is still under the sink with the tag still on it because I just can't wear this thing out! I LOVE THIS BRUSH! I bought one for a friend who looked at me like I was insane when I raved about it and now she tells all her friends to get one too! Get this brush, it is an amazing very well made cleaning tool!

I had been searching for this item for over a year. I decided to search on the web for it. And Whalla there it was. I did not let any grass grow under my feet. I ordered not just one but 4 of them. I rarely wash my dishes by hand at the sink. I use the dishwasher only. This brush is the perfect item to rinse the dishes off before sticking them in the dishwasher. It gets in the corners and crannies. I like doing this because I only run my dishwasher in the evenings only. Food never gets caked on. This little brush never scratches any dish or glass but is tough enough to clean out a pot or pan. The bristles are very soft so if you add a tiny amount of dishsoap to it, the lather builds up due to the softness of the bristles. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!....Mg

This is one of my favorite bottle brushes because the bristles are soft and evenly dispersed, including the tip of the brush where we need to reach into corners, crevices and bottoms of vessels such as thermoses, carafes, baby bottles, wine and drinking glasses without scratching their surfaces. The handle is sturdy and won't bend like wire-made brushes. I recommend this brush.

This is a good brush for the following reasons: 1) it's narrow and can fit into bottles/ Thermos flasks with narrow openings, 2) the stick bends slightly which makes it easier to get it into corners, 3) it has a comfortable handle. I can't think of any negative points.

I'm not sure which brush some of the other reviewers were using, but it clearly isn't this one. It easily fits into narrow necked bottles. Our family uses SIGG bottles and it does an excellent job with both the .6L and the 1L versions. Though it's barely long enough for the full size 1L bottles, it does work well. As other reviews have said, the neck of the brush is flexible, but that may be misleading. I was concerened when I read those because I thought that it was "pose-able", but no it just bends under pressure and straightens back out. The bristles are probably soft enough for plastic, but are stiff enough to clean around the small dents in an aluminum bottle. Really the biggest problem for me is; where do you store it when you're not using it? :)



PROS:

OXO tactile rubbery grip

Excellent balance between too soft and too firm bristles

Long bristles and narrow head to clean almost any type bottle



CONS:

VERY close to being too short (effective length __)

May actually be too short for some of the klean kanteen bottles I've seen



THE BOTTOM LINE:

Great Product! - Scrub Brushes - Brushes - Water Bottle - Oxo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information