Saturday 24 September 2011

Exercise - yoga mat, yoga mats


I first bought one (blue) for my husband. We were both impressed with the thickness, stickiness, and extra length. I immediately ordered a red mat for myself, and am very pleased. I have a sensitive nose, and did not find the new mat smell offensive, just smelled a bit like rubber at first. The scent was gone after a couple of uses. Much better price than what I have seen in yoga studios. Bean Products Yoga Mat 1/4" Extra Thick High Density 72" Length - Clean PVC (TM) Phthalate Free PER - Spruce Green

Since I am 5'11", I LOVED that this mat was extra long. I can finally fit all the way on the mat and not be hanging off of one end! I know many people said it was smelly or slippery, but I did not have that problem. I followed the instructions (unroll the mat and let it air out, then wipe it down) and didn't have any smell or "slippage." I really do like this mat. I can see how some do not like the thickness, but I think that is all in what you prefer (I like the extra cushion it provides).

I love my yoga mat. I ordered it in Royal Purple and the color looks pretty nice and as pictured. I had light bruises on my knees from doing Yoga on a rug but this mat took care of them. It is just thick enough where my feet and hands leave a slight imprint but not so thick that it feels like I'm sinking in. Some people complained about the smell of the mat but it was very faint on mine and I have to admit I kind of like it. It's just the smell of the material--sort of metallic and rubbery? No big deal you may not even notice it. Buy this mat!

I ordered 10 of these mats to supply a new yoga class I'm teaching.



On the whole, they are perfectly reasonable mats for occasional use. They had a mild rubber smell, which wore off quickly. They provide a good degree of padding and reasonable slip resistance. Certainly doesn't compete with a higher end jade or manduka mat, but this is a great price point for something that doesn't have any big problems.



The extra length is a big bonus for taller practitioners and surprising to find at this price.



They provide a little more padding/springiness than I might recommend for an intermediate or advanced practitioner. If you practice frequently, it is probably worth splurging on something more specialized.



If you tend to sweat heavily and/or practice in a hot room, you'll probably need a towel or a practice rug to throw on top of it.

I really love my mats (yes, I have more than 1) and recommend my friends to purchase this one. Good long length, bright happy colors,and you cannot beat the price...why spent a large chunk of change on something that either you get bored with using, gouge out tiny holes with your toenails as you transition from up-dog to down-dog, and with something that after a certain amount of time, you just got to replace for germs, dirt, sweat, and everyday crud? I like that I got good quality, variety colors, thick, long yoga mats that (for the price) cannot be beat!

This mat sucks. Thick sure, but it has no stickyness to it. I don't even do hot yoga, but it is warm in the room and I was sliding ALL over it. I had to put towels down. Also, it's thickness is weird. It kind of molds to your hands and feet so when you try to reposition, you sink back into where you were. This mat is cheap for a reason. Beware.

This yoga mat is very good.I am happy to buy this one.

Initially gives some latex smell,but it goes after certain usage.

Had to pay less for such a wonderful yoga mat.The thickness is appropriate too:)Recommended!!! - Yoga Accessories - Exercise - Yoga Mat - Yoga Mats'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information