Wednesday 14 September 2011

Side-cutting - klein tools, pliers


Talk to an electrician and you will often find that they are partial to a particular brand of lineman's pliers. Some swear by Klein, others by Channellock or Knipex etc. I am not a professional electrician but have rewired my entire house, performed work on several others and wired an addition. I have also done a fair amount of electrical work under an electrician for various jobs. My first set of pliers I lost, so when I needed a new one I decided to use the same brand I had before but figured I'd try the journeyman 2000 series with the enhanced grips this time. They are comfortable and cut wire nicely. I almost never use them to cut anything but copper wire. Sure I have cut a few nails on occasion but I have a different tool for that and prefer to use my lineman's only for copper so that they will last and last. I can't really say if Channellock or Knipex make better lineman's or not but they are also quality brands so it might just be up to personal preference. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of those brands. What I can tell you however is that I personally have been pleased with Klein pliers in the past and these appear to be no different. Klein J2000-9NE 9-Inch Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers-Heavy-Duty Cutting

These pliers are excellent. I love this tool I must say. These are heavy duty and I really didn't want to pay as much as I had, but I needed a new pair and I like the colors. These are great pliers good for any electrician and overall these seem like they will last me a long while and it is well worth the cost. - Klein Tools - Side-cutting - Side-cutting Pliers - Pliers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information