Saturday 10 September 2011

Simple Digital Camera - digital camera for kids, great value


I was worried when I first took this camera out of the "hang me up on the wall like I'm a camera to give to your 2-year old" packaging. My second worry was that it was so light. I honestly bought it for the sheer purpose of having a backup camera on my vacation trip. Well, to my pleasant surprise, it takes some great pictures. I thought I'd have the same issue I do with my current Polaroid camera that's about $60 more than this one, of the pictures coming out dark with or without flash. This camera works nicely indoors and out, although outdoors come out more crisp. I've had some blurry photos, but I think those were due to user error more than the camera itself.

If you're looking for a cute camera for your kid going to college, or even a backup one for yourself to keep in your purse/bag, I do recommend this one. If you're comparing it with the other cameras that are in the same price range, I would check out the mega-pixels those have compared to this one.

Comes with your basics, but no memory (you have to get a memory card). Polaroid 5.0MP Digital Camera - Green (CAA-540GC)

I bought this for my 9 y/o daughter after her first "kiddie" camera broke. I did not want to waste the money on another cheap kiddie camera that takes horrible pictures and has no real features other than the cartoon character on the case and the "fun" photo editing software that come with it(what is the point when they do not take a decent picture?). After browsing, I found this little gem. It takes great pictures and has many of the same functions and features as a more expensive camera, including a wide viewing screen, zoom capabilities, video w/sound, several flash settings and it even has settings for action or sports pictures. It has more features, but really I am a point and click kind of picture taker. No it's not professional photography equipment, but I think this would be a great purchase for anyone who would like a camera on hand that takes nice pictures. I would also reccomend this to any parent who feels they have a reasonably responsible child who might be too old for the vtech type cameras, but still not old enogh for a more expensive model. It cost about 30 dollars more than the cameras marketed towards young children and tweens, but it is worth it seeing my daughter able to actually enjoy her picture taking experiences. I am not 100% sure about the durability of this in the hands of my daughter, it is very light and slim, but I think any adult would find it acceptable and it does come wih a silicone skin and so far it has held up well. The only drawback, if you can even call it one, is that it does not come with a wrist strap. All in a GREAT buy and highly reccomended.

I purchased this camera for my 12-year-old daughter as a replacement. This camera is actually the "new" version of the model she had prior to this one. It is very light which usually means very cheap. It performed no where near what her first Polaroid did. The camera is in perfect shape, but we decided to buy a Kodak for Christmas since this one took awful pictures and videos.

I bought this for my daughter for Christmas (2010). She really wanted a digital camera, but I wasn't sure if it was a passing fad with her or not. I bought this because she wanted, 1) a green camera, and 2) the price was decent.



I expected more from a 5.0MP camera than this thing delivers. I have a Canon Sure Shot from several years ago that is only a 2MP camera. It takes much better quality pictures than this new one does. The pictures tend to be grainy. The other thing I noticed was that you have to have an extremely steady hand to take a picture with this camera - otherwise it is blurry.



She'll get used to it and it will serve it's purpose. The body of the camera is fine - it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I like the fact that the camera OS allows for larger memory capacity (8GB SD card, I believe) - my Canon can only take a 2GB card.



One very small point, there is a lanyard loop on the body of the camera. Every small camera I have ever purchased came with a wrist strap lanyard. This one did not come with that??? I have looked high and low to try to find one in Target and Walmart. I guess they're going away too.

I bought this as a Christmas gift for my son-he is 6. He LOVES this camera! I looked for weeks for an affordable but nice camera for him. The kid cameras were either too "kiddy" or didn't have the best reviews (like picture quality). I was impressed with the deal on this camera-I didn't want to spend too much for a camera for a 6 year old but this was perfect. Rechargeable batteries, a charger, and the camera-wow! And I got it way before the expected arrival date! The only down side to this item is that it does record video but there is no volume and it didn't come with a owners manual-no big deal for me though-this camera MADE my son one happy little boy!! Not to mention that his favorite color is green! Wonderful gift!!



One Pleased Mom - Simple Digital Camera - Digital Camera For Kids - Great Value'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information