Wednesday 21 September 2011

Stainless Steel Watch - stainless steel, blue


I bought mine in Walmart 4 years ago. I just loved the design. Very balanced, reach blue color of dial, no tacky extras. Exactly what I wanted. I was surprised how cheap the watch was.



Bracelet. After 4 years the stainless steel bracelet still looks really great.



Case. But the watch case is made out of other metal (like brass) covered by a layer of what looks like stainless steel. But I discovered this ONLY after 3 years of daily use! The upper layer was worn out in few places, mostly at the bottom edges. Not very visible though.



Glass. For four years the glass picked up absolutely no scratches! Even though I hit it few times.



Battery. I changed the battery after 3 years. I do not know why this happened, maybe it was on sale too long. Anyway Walmart did that for free, I just payed for new battery. This might be my watch only.



It goes with everything, either t-shirt or jacket. I am glad I found it on Amazon and I am going to buy another one. I recently bought Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch #BL8000-54L" for more then $300. I looks really good, but I still gladly use my old Casio for every day. If it picks up stretches in few years, I really do not care. I can always buy a new one for less then $30! $10/year - sounds like a great deal for me.



Even though the case does not last long, I am still giving 5 stars because at this price it is really not a problem.



Updated August 2009: just bought from Amazon to replace my old ones. Very happy! I had a little problem adjusting the bracelet. Until I googled it and found many detailed pictures and videos. It was easy. Casio Men's MTP3050D-2AV Classic 10-Year Battery Analog Dress Watch

I purchased this watch on a deal-a-day site about 6 months ago and wear it several times a week. It is a great watch. It looks good and at 40 mm, the case doesn't look too big on my smaller wrist. It's nice enough to wear for a dressier occasion, but rugged enough to wear on a day to day basis. It would have been nice to have a light or luminous hands or dial to read in the dark, but at the price I payed, I can't complain.

This watch is great. I spent a month trying to get the battery replaced on the $100 complex timex watch I bought off of amazon that went dead after 6 months. Every store I went to wouldn't touch the watch to replace the battery. The last store I went to was Target and I saw this watch while waiting for the watch department clerk to tell me they couldn't replace the battery. I needed a working watch so I went ahead and bought it. I have been wearing it for almost a year and must say it is probably the best watch I have ever owned. Its light, medium sized, stylish, water proof, keeps good time, durable, simple, inexpensive, and claims to have a 10 year battery. The only complaints I have with the watch is that it doesn't glow in the dark or have something similar to timex's indiglo feature, but that has not been much of a problem since I carry 2 cell phones around with me at all times. Also, I really don't like that it states, "Ten Year Battery" on the face of the watch. Other than that its an excellent watch.

It is a very elegant-looking watch. Cons are that the time is not visible in darkness, and that the date is hard to see for me (this is an idiosyncratic issue because I am over 40 and should be using bifocals). - Stainless Steel Watch - Stainless Steel - Watches - Blue'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information