Friday 2 September 2011

Tools - backpack rod, tools


Bought this rod an reel combo for my brother's birthday he loved it easy to leave in his suv and not take up room. When extended lock's into place nicely when done fold's down easily good action on the rod. Do Wish the handle on the reel is left or right adjustable but other then that Great Buy. Trailworthy Telescopic Rod and Reel Set

You'd be better off spending $10 more on a better product. Very cheaply made...line is cheap, old, and kinky. Rod is OK but reel is poor quality. I bought 3 and one reel was faulty. I didn't bother going through the hassle and expense of shipping it back. Don't buy this, really.

I purchased this item thinking it was good enough for the price, but it broke length-wise on the first cast. To try this item out, I took it to the pier and cast a 2oz and reeled it back. After which I noticed pain in my hand and tiny splinters embedded in my skin that cannot be removed without medical attention. On further inspection, I noticed that the shaft connection between the main and second shaft was loose and that the main shaft had splint length-wise creating tiny strand of glass along the length of the split. Mind you, this was the first cast and there was no stress on this pole aside from the reeling in of a 2oz weight. Considering this is a recreational item, the seller's 7 day return policy is laughable as it is an item people prep. I thought I was buying a cheap utility pole, but it turned out to be a cheap piece of worthless turd. This item is a danger hazard considering the way it break and especially not fit for use by children who may try to fix or continue working with the glass splinters exposed as not to ruin their first day of fishing. To summarize: will crack in an unsafe manner exposing strands and splinters of glass. Unsafe for use by children.

Well my title says it all. I like having this rod, but the reel would be much better if it could be changed from left to right. Anyway, you can throw and reel on the rod so it it still nice to have in the trunk.

This is a decent fishing rod. The benefits: very light weight, collapsible, and easy to disassemble. The downside: you can tell it's not a very high quality rod. For me it will work, but it may not be for everyone.

I am glad I found this! Shipping was fast and I received in time for my nephew's birthday. It is perfect size and portable; as pictured and described. Would definately purchase again! I will be buying one for my husband.

This item is part of my camping and also my survival gear. It's small size belies

it's capabilities. I've used it many times while camping. Haven't had any survival situations yet,

but I believe this item will work quite well. - Backpack Rod - Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information