Sunday 18 September 2011

Toro Electric Snow Blower


US Wire 99100 12/3 100-Foot SJEOW TPE Cold Weather Extension Cord Blue with Lighted Plug is very flexible in extreme cold weather. Easy to roll up. Easy to use with snow blower because it is flexible. Plugged into 20 amp breaker. 12/3 cord lets you have full power whereas liter cords cut down on power, and more apt to make breaker kick out. Love the lighted plug which lets me know I have current. US Wire 99100 12/3 100-Foot SJEOW TPE Cold Weather Extension Cord Blue with Lighted Plug

nicely constructed. flexible and thick. lighted end. Would have been nicer if the ends locked what was being plugged in like the craftsman lighted extension cord does. Overall good extension cord. Great price. Durable and flexible. using it for mobile DJ work. Have three sizes from the same company.

I bought this extension cord in exchange for the lighter duty Coleman 14/3 gauge 100' cord. This heavier duty cord worked great for my new Toro 15 amp snow thrower. The lighted end was nice to ensure I had power at the plug. It did kink a couple of times during its first use on a cold day while it was laying in snow, but I expect it will not do that once it's been wound and unwound on a reel several times. I also like that I was able to buy a product made in the USA. Shipping was very fast and it arrived in perfect condition.

I purchased this item based on the positive reviews. I am REALLY impressed with the quality of this extension cord. I will be using this cord with an electric snow blower. I did a lot of research to find a cord that is high quality and still highly flexible when cold. This cord fits the bill to a T.



I checked out all the 12/3 100 ft extension cords at Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Meijer, Walmart, Ace Hardware, and ACO Hardware. Looking at all those places, I just couldn't find a cord that I was satisfied with. I found some nice cords, but none had the flexibility I wanted in very cold weather. I even purchased a few that seemed OK and brought them home to put in the garage to see how flexible they would be after sitting in the cold. Let's just say I ended up returning them all (three different cords total).



Of the various cords I checked out, this is the highest quality of them all. On top of that, you can't beat the feel-good factor knowing it is made in the USA. Can't say that about many products anymore. The price is comparable to others and the weight is the same as others I looked at. Really glad I made this purchase!

It has become a vital part of my New Hampshire "winter survival stratagy"! Does exactly what it says; stays flexible and carries lots of electricity because it's 12 ga. I've been operating an electric chain saw 300ft from the house with no noticeable strain on the saw.

One small thing I should mention that may not be obvious: The jacket is a little "sticky" when it's not so cold out. When I use it in summer, I have to spend extra time uncoiling it because it tends to form tangles that won't come out just by tugging on it.

This cord ain't cheap and there are cheaper options if all you need is quality 12/3 extension cord.



HOWEVER if you need an extension cord that will give full voltage @ 100 feet AND full flexibility in sub-zero temps spend the money and buy it. The lighted plugs are a nice touch. I thought it was gimmicky until I remembered just how ugly it is walking through 3 feet of snow to make sure a cord was still plugger in. Best story: I left the thing out overnight during one of last months blizzards; the next day it was flexible, coiled w/o problem and showed no voltage drop later that day when I plugged it back in.



Bottom line: Spend the money and buy it IF you need it for cold weather, if not buy something cheaper

I bought this a few months back. I must say it is very well made & the lighted end, really comes in handy. I use it to run to my shed at the back of my property. To use for lighting & to start my snowblower. I like it so much I may buy a few more in different lengths for other purposes.

I bought this 12/3 100' cord for my new snowblower - Greenworks 26032 20-Inch 12 Amp Electric Snow Thrower. I've used it about 4 times and it's been nice and flexible every time. My garage is below freezing and the cord hasn't freezed up yet..



I use an old hose winder to keep it winded up.



Happy with my purchase!

nicely constructed. flexible and thick. lighted end. Would have been nicer if the ends locked what was being plugged in like the craftsman lighted extension cord does. Overall good extension cord. Great price. Durable and flexible. using it for mobile DJ work. Have three sizes from the same company.

We have been using this cable all winter to flood a rink on the St. Lawrence river in Canada. Even through the cold snaps at -40C this cable remains extremely flexible, making it a breeze to gather up after. We leave it out for the weekends laying in the snow, and it's still flexible. If you're looking for a cable that doesn't stiffen up, this is the cable for you.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information