Sunday 18 September 2011

Rotary Tool Accessories


I use these with a power carver. These burrs hog off wood with no finesse or grace, just brute cutting. They get the job done. Expect to have to clean up the carving area with sandpaper as a rasp leaves scratches. I've used several of the ten burrs, they do what they are designed to do and they are holding up well. HOWEVER, be aware that these are 1/8 inch shafts. But when you put the burr into a 1/8 collet, it doesn't fit as it's too big by a hair. I think its because of the heavy coating they have. I just gave it a quick tour of a fine-grit stone and removed the coating. Then they fit the collet just fine. If you use these burs with a power carver e.g. Wecheer or Fordome, be aware these burrs aren't designed to 15,000 to 30,000 rpm. So keep it in the under 10K range. With the coarsness of these burrs, you will not use anywhere near what is considered high speed....unless you are just trying to disintegrate a board.



A good, inexpensive option for the times you need to rough out wood, etc. 10 High Speed Black Carbon Rasp Burr Wood Working Rotary Tool Bits Set for Dremel

I bought these tools to use with my Dremel 300 for some detail carving. I carve wood sculptures using hard woods such as Oak or Walnut. I attempted to use these tools on a Oak sculpture and they didn't work very well at all. The wood gets suck to the little notches in the bit stopping the bit from cutting within seconds. So for hard woods they are basically useless. For softer woods it seemed to work okay. I tried them on a very soft sheet of plywood and they seemed to work. Over all on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this product a 3. This product was a waist and now i'm out $10 plus shipping... save your money!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information