Tuesday 27 September 2011

Webcams - logitech webcam, c600


I'm sure like others that have found out, the quest for a good webcam can lead to a lot of dead ends. One that kept popping up on my radar screen is the mid level Logitech C600. The thing that appealed to me primarily were the simple features. With a two tone black finish, the glass lens C600 is packed with an attached 6' USB cable, software CD, instructions and a two year product warranty.



The expandable clip easily attaches to my LCD monitor or it can free stand on the desk. I found that the webcam installs perfectly with or without the enclosed Logitech software. Just plug and play. It paired well with both Meebo and Google's Gmail "G Chat" without stalling or interruptions. Another plus is, it paired well with both my desktop and laptop.



I was very impressed by the clarity and sharpness of image transmission. The microphone picks up even the faintest of whispers. The jury is out on the product's RightLight technology. I did not see that much difference in lighting over my older Logitech webcam. The manually operated privacy shutter is a nice add on.



The much hyped Logitech video calling network software package with its special effects and avatars is probably an okay add on for some but not for us. Personally I find it too intrusive. As I have mentioned earlier, its not required to get the webcam up and running. Other chat networks work fine without it.



Overall for the price and features, I find the Logitech C600 Webcam to be a step up over other internet communication tools in the same category. The C600 delivers on the basics and more. Logitech 2 MP HD Webcam C600 with Built-in Microphone

I read the reviews on Amazon as well as the Logitech website about this camera. I was hesitant to purchase because there was some criticism about its compatibility with Skype, which is the primary program I wanted to use this with. The Logitech web clearly shows that this camera is Skype compatible. I decided to buy it though while it was a lightning deal...best decision of the day! Installation was incredibly simple and didn't take much more than 5 minutes from the box to use. Most importantly for me is that it works flawlessly with Skype! The family we have video called with have all commented on the remarkable clarity of the picture. The other cool features such as avatars and other distortions make my young nephews laugh and laugh! I could not be more pleased with this camera with built in microphone!



UPDATE: I did run into some problems later with my microphone. Logitec customer service was EXTREMELY helpful. They helped me troubleshoot it, and then immediately sent a replacement when it was determined to be a camera hardware issue. The new one has worked perfectly since. With solid logitec customer service to back up their products, you're in good hands!

I was looking for a mid cost unit and decided on the C600. Installation was a breeze and it's very easy to use. The only thing I missed when reviewing it was that it doesn't have an auto focus feature. If I'd caught that, I probably would have opted for a different model. I'm not to happy about the noise echo and there doesn't seem to be a way to completely eliminate it. It's annoying but not unbearable. Over all it's serving my purpose and I would recommend it to others that can live without the auto focus feature. - C600 - Logitech - Logitech Webcam - Skype'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information