Wednesday 28 September 2011

Whirlpool Water Filter - whirlpool water filter, pur


This is advertised as a "Whirlpool" 1/4 turn filter but it fits all 1/4 turn filters including Kenmore side-by-side models. I have been paying $30+ for Kenmore's 9010 filter and this filter is an exact replacement. PUR QTSS Whirlpool Quarter Turn Refrigerator Water Filter

Is a less expensive replacement for whirlpool filter #4396510 and appears to filter the same contaminants.



Original Whirlpool filter label claims: NSF/ANSI Certified against standard 42 for Chlorine taste & odor; particulate reduction class 1; certified against ANSI standard 53 for Lead, Mercury, Benzene, p-Dichlor., Toxaphene 2, Asbestos, Cysts, Turbidity, & Altrazine.



PUR replacement filter label claims: tested and certified against standard #42 and #53. Carton specifically mentions Chlorine taste/odor, Lead, Sediment, p-Dichlor., Benzene.

I'm always a little afraid to order substitute brands, but the price and the picture of the Pur Filter product gave me a little more confidence to give it a try. It took a little long to get delivered than I expected, but once here it fit my Kitchenaid Side-By-Side Refrigerator perfectly and was easy to install. Would recommend this replacement product to others.

Since PUR filters were the highest rated in my Consumer Reports, I decided to give this a try. I was pleased to see that the Sears filter I removed from my Kenmore side by side is made by PUR!!! Basically the same filter, only $15 less.

Another reviewer mentioned the cost of shipping but I got free shipping since it cost $25. A very good buy and still working great 4 months later.

Unlike the review below that states "Fits all Quarter turn refridgerators", this filter DOES NOT FIT LG Refridgerators quarter turn. The filter is too short and the connection head is too big.



Luckily Amazon was awesome enough to refund me, and I am stuck buying the expensive manufacture brand.



The pur filter is great in price and researched function though.... - Refrigerator Accessories - Whirlpool Water Filter - Water Filter - Pur'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information