Wednesday 28 September 2011

Aquos - hdtv, lcd tv


I've had this TV for three weeks now and I'm very happy with it. I went with the small end of the HDTV line because I have a moderately sized apartment and didn't want the set to dominate my living room. The 32" screen is a nice, modest size and the picture quality is great. Going for 1080p rather than 720p might be overkill at this size, but it's nice to know I have the sharpest image money can buy and it'll make a stunning second monitor for my computer.



I'm glad that they put a matte finish on the glass so that there's much less glare than on my old standard TV. The border is shiny piano black but I haven't been troubled by reflections or fingerprints. I also haven't noticed any problems with uneven backlighting or bad pixels. When watching non-widescreen programs the set will let you choose from black sidebars, stretch, or zoom. I wish it were smart enough to automatically zoom in on letterboxed low-definition shows but it's easy enough to switch manually.



I was surpised at the diversity of input ports: multiple stereo audio jacks, component, composite, S-video, cable, and HDMI. The set will let you rename the inputs on-screen and disable inputs that you don't use.



I'm very pleased with the speakers. The sound quality is quite good and, unlike many sets, the volume covers the entire range from very quiet to blasting with fine control. My old set went from "not quite loud enough" to "annoying loud" with a single press of the volume button. I know that many people hook up external sound systems these days but for my purpose I'm glad to have good built-in speakers.



The remote control is perplexingly big. The buttons are small and widely spaced. There's also a flip-open compartment with four small buttons inside. Why they didn't just put those buttons on the surface is beyond me. Sharp Aquos LC32D62U 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

Hello everyone! I just purchased this TV several weeks ago from Amazon. It's a wonderful TV to be sure, but it has risks that I'd like to warn everyone about.



When I received my package, it was damaged on delivery (a big crack in the speaker) and had 12 dead pixels. Amazon and UPS took care of the replacement about a week later and I received another unit that was in perfect condition, but appeared to have already been taken out of the box

once. Hmm, maybe a refurb? I don't know, but it has no dead pixels this time around and since I bought it as a "new set" I have a "new" warranty, not a refurb warranty.



I have heard from doing lots of research on this TV that certain sets suffer from dead pixels while ones not built in the Japanese plant do not. My own experience would seem to corroborate this idea. For instance, my original TV with the 12 dead pixels said "Manufactured in Japan" on the back. This new one, which is the same model but of a different batch, says "Manufactured in Mexico" (and has NO dead pixels!). Caveat emptor!



Another important thing to note:



This TV DOES support 1080p over both Component and HDMI (this is relatively unclear from every website I've read, and most TVs only do 1080p over HDMI!)



For the price, this TV is a steal. The picture quality is superb. I bought a miniDVI -> HDMI cable for my girlfriend's Macbook and watch 1080p content on it all the time. Sharp automatically recognizes it's a computer signal over HDMI and works beautifully.

I purchased this TV for exclusive use of my Xbox 360. As other have stated, this DOES accept 1080p thru component input as well as HDMI. This 1080p thru component inputs is key feature for any Xbox 360 gamer.



Image is fantastic, no blurring on super fast action racing games.



I connected a small UHF antenna and got great HDTV reception in my area. As a big fan/owner of Sony and Samsung LCDs - this TV has excellent ink black blacks and the pureest whites. The color is as good or better as any other 2007 high end LCD TV when compared at side by side at the store.



The adjustments setable per each input - for colors, picture, zoom/stretech options.

My Sharp Aquos LC32D62U was purchased through one of Amazon's sellers, and they dont accept returns on TV's. So I'm stuck trying to get my defective set fixed by Sharp. The set worked for about 1 day (looked great by the way), but then failed (1/2" wide black line across screen and rest of screen blurry and with double image).

Called Sharp 3 days ago to get it repaired. They said to wait 2 days for service center to call me. They never did. Called service center and they said Sharp never contacted them. Called Sharp and was told dispatch center closes early on Fridays. Told to wait 'til Monday to start from the beginning. So I'll be lucky if I get a call from the service center one week after my first call to Sharp. Lets see when they actually show up, and when my set actually gets fixed. I guess that is the risk you take when buying a TV set online. Buyer Beware... you may have a huge headache on your hands even though you spent over $1K on a TV.

QAM tuner picks up all my HD local channels, plus INHD and TNTHD from my local comcast market. I work at CC, so I got to know the TV really well from how it looked at work. Once I took it home, it looked 10x better once I was done with my calibration DVD. I sit about 10.5 back, so analogue doesn't look bad at all. I must say, this set does analogue stuff fairly well. Local HD stuff looks phenomenal. I don't even like NASCAR, but FOX HD made me feel like I was right there. No uneven backlight issues,no blobs or anything else. Mine came out of the box looking great. For this price, I advise you give this TV a look. Once I hooked it up to a Blu Ray player, it looked GREAT. I highly encourage this TV for small living spaces like mine. My room is probably 12x12, so it looks perfect.

Make sure you carefully examine the picture using the actual unit you will buy, and if you are mail ordering it, make sure you have a good return policy that allows returns for screen defects. Sharp will NOT replace units that have even very noticeable flaws. I have a unit with a region of dim pixels the size of a pea, and they consider it to be 'within spec', and WILL NOT replace it. I made the mistake of taking it to the authorized repair facility, instead of returning it to the vendor immediately. It took them four weeks to finally shoot me down, by which time I could no longer return it to the vendor. Now I own a very expensive television that makes me angry every time I watch it. NICE JOB SHARP!!! They will definitely be at the bottom of my list for my next purchase. Too bad, I used to like their sets. - Aquos - Sharp - Lcd Tv - Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information