Tuesday 6 September 2011

Wooden Toys - wooden toys


I LOVE that this is made in the USA- five stars for that! but then it loses a star for "fragility". We are thrilled with MANY other Green Toys...HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND the brand! BUT on the jump rope, the handle is the problem. It says that it is adjustable so I had to wonder but figured I could unscrew handle, cut rope and reassemble. Actually, the handle has a turn to lock mechanism which is not the best. With GENTLE use, it is okay and we may just glue the 3-piece handles shut- yes THREE pieces make up each handle...odd! The handles tend to break open if the jump rope is dropped on a hard floor after use...I common occurrence in the play of a pre-schooler! If you have a low threshold for toy repair, this rope may not be best. Otherwise, if it can be used gently or glued shut... it is a great rope! In it's original length, I can use it! I'm 5'8"...so that's pretty cool! It is a tad bit long for my son who is 41 inches- or the height of an average 3+ year old if you are considering for a gift. The rope weight is good although cotton so again, a bit fragile for a toy that many would expect to use outdoors. Probably best for indoor use or on a dry wood patio or deck. ...not sure how it would hold up if it got wet or used on sidewalks or blacktop. Perhaps inside the garage would be okay too. I will keep it for my son and glue repair the handles if it becomes an issue. I may even get one more for me so we can jump together..it's much nicer than one I bought for myself from a fitness store! Green Toys Green Toys Jump Rope - Green

I originally purchased 2 of these jump ropes for my kids, ages 6.5 and 5.5 and have since purchased 2 more as gifts. I love that the length is adjustable, the rope is sort of thick and heavy such that it makes learning to jump rope easier. My kids have not put these down since I got them!!

I ordered a total of 4 of these for the easter baskets. They are high quality but my favorite part is that they are boxes in small boxes instead of coiled like most jump ropes. Makes it WAY easier to wrap and stick in a basket (or Christmas stocking, really). - Wooden Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information