Monday 19 September 2011

Xoom Accessories


I pre-ordered this cover for my Xoom after looking at the other covers offered on Amazon and not finding one that seemed to work with the Xoom just perfectly. I had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive and it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!



The quality of the leather is exceptional. The Xoom fits inside the cover just right - not too tight or too loose. There is an opening for everything you need on the tablet itself from charging, to power and volume, to camera. The stitching is very good quality.



The two things I was concerned about when ordering this was if the Velcro would be strong enough to keep the Xoom inside (especially when in portrait position) and the stand - from the pictures it didn't look very sturdy or well designed. First, the Velcro is excellent. It has enough hold to keep the Xoom firmly in whatever position you want it to be. Once in place, your Xoom won't move unless you release the hold. The stand on the back of the cover is actually excellent. It is much sturdier than it looks in the pictures. I found it great that it has a strong magnet to keep it closed when not needed. There is a ribbon that keeps the stand from sliding open more than you want. I've been able to adjust the angle of the stand and have no problems with it staying in place. The stand itself is thick and strong.



The entire cover is sleek and professional looking. It was worth the wait and very much worth the money. I am very happy with it. It is now my favorite accessory I've bought for my Xoom, with the keyboard being my next favorite. I expect it will last a long time and be the protection I need since I carry the Xoom around with me everywhere. When I place my keyboard on top of the open cover, it's the perfect height for typing comfortably.



I believe that this is the best option out there so far to cover your Xoom! Too bad Motorola didn't think of all the little details when designing their cover. And thank heavens this company took the time to do just that! rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Motorola XOOM Android Tablet

I initially preordered this case before any reviews had come out so I was skeptical at first. After receiving this case however, I could not have expected anything more. My Xoom fits very nicely inside of the case as the interior detaches from the portfolio allowing for even more flexibility. All of the holes in the case are cut out at very generous junctions allowing for full functionality of the device while still being protected. The best part of this case has to be the kick-stand that allows you to set the device at different angles instead of constantly being required to hold it. This has allowed for many of the type-heavy apps to become more useful as I know longer have to hold it with the same hand that I am attempting to type something with.



All in all, I am very pleased with this case and would purchase from this company again in the future.

looks like leather, feels like leather, smells like leather.....sooooo I guess it is leather...great case for my Xoom. Solid construction, good fit and ALL ports are open without removing case. Stand on back of case great to set on desk at 45 degree angle without removing case.....

Couldn't have asked for a better case. The xoom fits perfectly into the leather sleave,and the entire case is put together very well. The Velcro on the back of the sleave allows for viewing in landscape and portrait. Even when the xoom is enclosed in the zippered case it can be charged due to the duel zippers that allows for a gap to insert the charging plug. The only downside I can find is the fact that the speakers are blocked when the sleave is resting in the zippered case.Even then the sound quallity is affected very little.

The Roocase for Xoom works well as a portfolio type case for the Xoom. It's made well, and made for the Xoom diminsions. The con that I have with it is it's functionality. The inner case that is meant to fit over the Xoom itself slides down over the backward facing camera, and is extremely bulky. The most annoying part is that you must remove the inner case from the cover to turn on the Xoom because of the location of the power button. That means that you rip the inner cover off the velcro to turn on the Xoom then place it back into the cover. I don't use the inner case. I use the rubber mold that came with my Xoom and put it inside the Roocase cover.

First of all, I have to admit that the negative reviewers (the few that there are) actually prejudiced me somewhat so that I didn't expect the product to be as good as the enthusiastic reviewers claimed. Sadly, one of the points that one of the negative reviews pointed out was that the inner case impedes the use of the browser quick menu because the case opening is too close to the active edge of the screen... this problem is a slight annoyance (but can be worked around by deliberately sliding the xoom a bit to one side. So that was the one star deduction from "fits perfectly". Otherwise its snug and secure but not difficult to removed the device completely.



The second problem was that the front-facing camera is partially blocked by the inner case. That was the functionality "ding". However, to offset this, the inner sleeve is ideal for use while relaxing or even holding the xoom while laying in bed. There is just enough surface in just the right places to afford handholds which the xoom doesn't offer.



Prior to buying the Roo case, I had been using the Motorola hard case which has some nice features and a sporty (or almost military) look but has far more drawbacks than the Roo case. Overall I tend to agree with the Roo case enthusiasts. Although the outer case is somewhat larger than the Motorola hard case, I cannot imagine a more professional-looking case than the Roo, and the quality of the materials makes me think that the Roo case is quite a bargain.



Someone said the kickstand isn't strong enough... that assessment is wrong (or at least its not a problem with the item I received) Oh, and don't bother being concerned about leaving the xoom in the Roo case while its docked; the xoom is very easy to remove and install so there's no need to horse around with folding the case just the right way to get it out of the way when docked. Just put the Roo case aside while the xoom is docked.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information