Monday 12 September 2011

Yoga Blocks - exercise, fitness


These yoga blocks work as you should expect. For anyone new to yoga, a yoga block is used to help with various postures, usually by supporting the user or acting as a spacer to extend certain postures. Originally made of wood, the block must be able support much of the user's weight without compressing, deforming or slipping. The foam that these blocks are made of fits the bill perfectly, and are able to support my solid 220 pound frame without any real change in shape. In addition, the blocks are surprisingly light, even considering they're made of foam.



Every yoga block I've ever purchased has performed the same, but I personally have never seen any other foam that was formulated with the same characteristics, even considering industrial packing foam for heavy and dense objects. These were at a good price when I bought them, but if you get these or another, be sure to get yoga blocks rather than substituting. Bean Products Professional Yoga Blocks 4" x 6" x 9" 2 Pack - Blue

These blocks are the standard size (some other products are not). They have a great feel, are lightweight, sturdy and they are purple, one of my favorite colors. I am really pleased with this purchase. I looked around quite a bit before buying these and they are a great value. They do have a 'foam' smell when the plastic is first removed, but I put them on top of the air purifier for a day and they were fine after that.

These are high quality yoga blocks that seem to be the exact same ones used in P90X's "Yoga X" video. I've been using them for about a month now and they've met my needs to maintain balance during some of the yoga postures. However, the price seems a bit much for what are effectively blocks of styrofoam, even if you're getting two of them.

yup, they're yoga blocks... great CHEAP addition to my p90x equipment list. I've never used blocks for help with stretching before, but found these to be extremely helpful.



As far as the odor that other reviewers have complained about: they were shipped sealed in plastic. Odor disappeared in a day or two. The odor must be uninteresting as my dogs leave the blocks alone. Glad I didnt waste money on expensive ones, and am also very glad I bought a set as they have been very helpful for stretching in the p90x videos.

No complaints at all. The size is great. It's actually a tiny bit bigger than another pair of blocks that I have. Good, solid block, AND... can't beat the price!!! I do wish they offered more colors though.

These are standard yoga blocks (just like a previous reviewer stated) and you get two for the price of what others are selling one for.



I'm not too concerned about them breaking or tearing, as I have been putting a good amount of strain on them to extend my stretches over the past three weeks and they are holding up well.



If something changes, I'll modify my review.

I haven't have the chance to use both at the same time, I could just actually gotten just one. I saw similar yoga blocks on a sporting store for almost twice the price that I found at amazon. I am happy with these. - Yoga - Exercise - Foam Blocks - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information