Saturday 10 September 2011

Adjustable Ankle Weights


I researched several brands of ankle weights, noting that many reviews showed that small weights (1/2 pound) can become dislodged without adequate velcro fasteners on each weight. The TKO 210 AP 10 lb Pair Ankle/Wrist Weights do NOT have that problem. They were a little more expensive than some other brands, but well worth the cost. I had to do therapy starting at 2 lbs, then 5 lbs, and then 7.5 lbs. These worked wonderfully, allowing easy adjustment, and no weights dropped out! I am very pleased with this product. TKO 210AP 10 lb Pair Ankle Weights

I bought these to complement my workout at home and I don't regret it at all. They're a bit pricey (but so are all comparable adjustable weights!!). They're nice and soft around the ankles and the adjustable feature is really good to intensify or lighten the workout as the case may be. I really like the versatility of it (I can incorporate it in any workout I'm doing).

Its paded and comfortable. It's easy to adjust the tightness of the Velcro straps. It's also very easy to adjust the amount of weight. The weights are small half-pound iron or steel bars - about ½ diameter by about 2.5-inches in length. There are ten little weight bars per ankle "bracelet". Each weight is slid into its own pocket on the ankle straps so it's easy to keep the weight evenly distributed around the ankle bracelet. Each weight pocket has a Velcro pocket cover to keep the weights snug and secure in the bracelet.



It's a good product. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.

This is a great product. What I really like about these ankle weights are the following:

- Fully adjustable weight setting. Add or remove the weighted bars as needed. The bars can be removed and added pretty easily.

- The velco strap holds. Never had a problem with the strap getting loose. It will stay in place.

- Possibly machine washable. I have not tried it yet, but seeing how you can remove all of the weights, and are just left with the fabric, I don't see why you couldn't wash them. Something I will try soon and report back about.

- The velco that holds the weighted bars in place, works well. Just be mindful that it is velco, so if you do some sudden and really fast moments, there's a potential to slip out, but it will only slip out in one direction since each weight goes into a pocket. Again, you really have to do some fast movements, or you did not secure the velco securely.



Well worth the investment. I've even managed to have them double as a 20 lb kettlebell with a handle and strap that I have some a resistance band set I have.

i walk for 45 minutes each way to work - when i first got these, after a 1 week break-in period, they were great - comfortable - and the velcro was secure. after a few months of walking the bottoms of the weight pouches started wearing out from where they rubbed on the top of my shoes - i started covering the pouches with duct tape to protect them. finally, after a few more months, the velcro strap pulled out of the weight band - it is only tacked in with the seam stiching - so the constant tugging on the band from walking pulled the stiching out and the band came loose.

I found the reviews on Amazon for ankle weights to be particularly helpful because I'd never owned any before and wasn't sure what features to consider. I had been in P.T. for a lower back problem, using machines, and it was recommended that I continue at home with ankle weights. These were the highest rated by far, and I concur. They are easy to use, the weights don't fall out. I am small but they're not too loose and would also have plenty of leeway for someone larger. Other than the fact that they don't come in purple, I can't find a thing to criticize. ;-) And I don't think I could have found anything in stores local to me that would have been of nearly this quality for this price. I'm happy.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information