Sunday 11 September 2011

Air Compressor - compressor, campbell hausfeld


I purchased this as a tire inflator/blower/air tool compressor. It's light duty, makes noise like a small compressor does, but works, has good features, and for the price is very capable. I mention the noise because people are always surprised by how noisy air compressors are. It's not designed for big air tools and the like, but is very useful for homeowners like myself. Campbell Hausfeld FP209499 3-Gallon Air Compressor

Great little air compressor, very lightweight and portable and does not take up a lot of space in my utility room. Works great with the hitachi NT50AE2 brad nailer I bought, I get about 40 or so nails before it needs to refill the tank. Glad I bought this separately from my nailer rather than buying one of the branded "kits" that includes three nailers (two of which you probably don't need). The only complaint I have is that the compressor came with a crappy plastic hose. The other accessories were fine (quick changes, tire fill fittings, etc) but the hose looked like it would burst if I stepped on it by accident or just looked at it funny. I bought the 50' yellow rubber good year hose recommended by others and it is working out really well.

This compressor is ok for inflating balls & tires, but beyond that it's pretty much worthless. It's 'rated' to 100 PSI but getting this thing to maintain even 80 for more than 2 seconds is impossible. Also, one of the reasons I purchased this packages is because I thought I wouldn't need to get a lot of additional stuff because it came with a hose and accessories. The hose has to be one of the worst quality products I have ever seen. It is brittle plastic with NO flex whatsoever, and i'm afraid any amount of movement will snap the dang thing right off. If you want a compressor for anything more than tires/balls look elsewhere - you truly get what you pay for here.

No complaints here. This product did exactly what it was supposed to and has given us no problems. Even better - I saw it in Advanced Auto Parts a couple weeks back for TWICE what we paid on Amazon! SCORE!

The Unit works well... it could use more power... it takes along time to build up what's needed for some jobs. I would say depending on the type of jobs you need an air unit for... be careful buying this unit if you need alot of air quickly and need to maintain that level of air above 40 PSI.

Otherwise it is packaged nicely and is light weight to move around.

The cord is stiff plastic...curled...making it almost impossible to get the end on the tire stem to inflate. When I tried to straighten it (with normal pulling) it broke. The unit also took a while to fill up.

Pros: Compact and lightweight, great carrying handle, good accessory pack, nice gauges, fair price.



Cons: LOUD, slow to fill, quick to empty, leaky fixtures, poor quick-connect.



Chose this to replace my beloved CH Quiet Air when it died after 11 years of great service, primarily airbrushing. I instantly regretted it. This compressor is LOUD - louder than a lawn mower. It's only exacerbated by the tone of the noise, which sounds exactly like a diesel tractor, and the fact that the motor kicks back in constantly and lengthily (and startlingly). In addition, the quick connect fittings don't quickly connect, and they leak even using the included plumber's tape.



Will be returning this, having picked up a lovely 1.5 gal Husky instead. It's quieter (though hardly whisper-quiet, and louder than my dearly departed Quiet Air), wheeled (though larger), and comes with better quality accessories. It fills in seconds to a higher PSI, almost instantly refills, and only turns on as often as the 3-gal CH, despite being half the capacity. - Compressor - Small Air Compressor - Campbell Hausfeld'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information