Sunday 11 September 2011

Tomb Raider Anniversary - lara croft, tomb raider lara croft


I applaud the pose and quality of sculpting in getting back to the heart of the character. It's a modern update on the 1st Eidos design, with the funny bats and atlantis flying creature. The face is a terrible disappointment. It looks nothing like the package art, and truly, if you look at the prototype art on the packaging, this toy's head looks nothing like it. If you're playing with it, it doesn't matter but if you're displaying it (and come on, how many of you collectors plan to play with it?), it won't be the center of your toy collection. For the price I would have expected better. The 12" figure that talks is a better rendition and better investment IMHO. I don't know if it's the sculpt or the painting but I was disappointed. Tomb Raider: Anniversary Lara Croft 7-Inch Action Figure

No pictures I've seen of this product have portrayed the poor quality of the face by a long shot. This Lara looks Asian. Nothing wrong with looking Asian -- it's just that Lara is English. It's not even that it's bad work, it's just that there's no discernible similarity between the face of this figure and any of the incarnations of Lara, particularly the one from Anniversary.



Despite the rest of the figure being really good work, the face is enough for me not to recommend this. Opt instead for their 12" talking figure done for Legend.

I've been in love with her since 1997. Although she is way over my head in riches and education, she is a dream girl. Time pass on and I grew up, some, but to have a tiny image sitting on my coffee table shows my love for her duty as a video game sex symble. - Tomb Raider Lara Croft - Collectibles - Lara Croft - Action Figure'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information