Monday 19 September 2011

Bic Mechanical Pencils - pencil, bic


When I get pencils, normally what I do is look for the ones that are the cheapest per pencil. I prefer mechanical ones because they never need sharpening, and never grow uncomfortably small. I also like .7 lead because it tends to break less than the thinner leads. What brand of pencils doesn't matter, as long as the pencils are refillable. These pencils are refillable mechanical pencils with .7 lead. They come with three sticks of lead already in them. The eraser works well. It leaves no smudges, and erases easily. As for the grip, I guess I could say that it makes writing more comfortable, but if it does, I have yet to notice it. The grip doesn't really do anything for me, but I don't dislike it either. It is just there (but if I wanted I could take it off). The only problem I have with this pencil is one I've had with every mechanical pencil; when I use up all of the eraser, I can't put lead in easily anymore. To put more lead in I have to feed it in through the tip.Other than that, I can't see any reason to dislike these pencils. They work well and give me no reason to complain.Loggie-log-log-log BIC Matic Grip Mechanical Pencil, HB #2, 0.7 mm, 12 Pencils

Anytime I use pencils, I reach for the BIC Matic Grip Mechanical pencils. I prefer jewel tones, so I specifically buy the metallic colors (silver, purple, red, blue and green) variety. I keep several in my desk and a few in my purse. My son uses them, too.



They have rubber grips towards the bottom, which are especially good for children learning to write (or practicing writing). This feature also makes them incredibly comfortable to use.



These are mechanical pencils, which means you click the top and lead comes out. And get this: even if you accidentally click too much or the lead falls out...you can shove it right back in the hole and use it! In fact, you can retract it back into the sheath so you don't end up stabbing someone with the lead (or if you carry it in a briefcase or purse).



Each has a white eraser that erases easily and cleanly. (I just hate those messy old fashioned pink erasers!)



Lastly, these are #2 pencils so the kids can use them for standardized tests that may require them (do they still do that? I homeschool so I don't know!).



If you're looking for a reliable pencil that looks great and is comfortable to write with, I highly recommend the BIT Matic Grip Mechanical Pencils!

My wife got me a pack of these mechanical pencils as a Christmas gift after observing how many times I ended up sharpening standard pencils. I instantly fell in love with them! They're very convenient and comfortable. They write just fine and the eraser works great.



The only downside (which for me is significant, hence only earning this pencil three stars) is that the clips are made of a fairly weak plastic that tends to bend and break if carried around in the rings of a notebook or hung in the "pencil slots" in a backpack or briefcase. Every one of my pencils has suffered this loss and so now they just sit in the bottom of my bag/case, which of course means they get dirtier and are harder to find.



If you just want to keep it on your desk and need an inexpensive and reliable pencil, this will work great for you. If you want to carry it around, however, you might want to check out something a little nicer with a metal clip.

I'm back in school after being out for a year. I never really used pencils through undergrad except during exams but even then i used mechanical pencils. I borrowed one of these from a friend sometime early last year during an exam because i didn't have a pencil and somehow i kept it. I always told him i was going to give it to him and somehow we graduated and i guess i forgot. I really feel bad. But anyway, it's been more than a year and i still have the pencil. I've used it multiple times and haven't had any breakage. I LOVE the way they write. I got a 10 pack of pencils at walgreens 3weeks ago and they're all gone School started 3 weeks ago. Those pencils have failed me multiple times, i think i use them to write for a couple of minutes and it breaks. the next one wouldn't advance no matter how hard i push. I've always had the bic matic grip in my bag and that's when i reach for it. I don't use this constantly cuz i've been practicing drawing resonance structures for ochem the last week, i like t save this pen for 'important' stuff. So last week i ordered these from amazon. i believe they are worth every penny. The one i got from my classmate has never failed me on the times i've used it. Now i'm cheap, I'm the type of student who likes to wait to buy pencils at 33cents but these are worth the money. They write great, they feel great in the hands and best part, they don't leave you hanging in the middle of lectures! Now the last part reason is what made me order these on amazon. Don't waste you money on pencils that break every 30minutes.

Bic Matic Grip Mechanical Pencils are very good for general everyday use.



Likes:

+ .70mm leads are strong

+ Each pencil has 3 leads included

+ Leads advance smoothly to the correct length

+ Good grip surface is comfortable



Dislikes:

- Very lightweight

- Weak eraser



One of the best mechanical pencils we have used.



Recommended!

The slim pencil body helps you write clearer and neater,while the grip that is not hard but not soft and sort of in-between helps you stride toward good handwriting.These pencils help you focus because their bright colors immediately catch your eye whenever you are gazing around the classroom or office.The super smooth lead comforts you during long writing sessions.You may experience some writing fatigue, where your hands cramp up and you have to stop writing,but these pencils are at the top of my recommendation list. - Bic - Bic Mechanical Pencils - Pencil'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information