Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bicycle Accessories - neck gaiter, cycling


I love this thing! I wear it on the motorcycle on cool/cold days and it does a great job keeping my neck and chin warm. The reason I didn't rate it at a full 5 stars is that, even for my pinhead, it's pretty tight to pull on. If your head is average to large sized you won't like this neck-warmer. Micro Fleece Neck Warmer-Black W11S28D

Worked as well as I hoped - kept my neck and chin warm, and was tall enough to pull up over my nose and mouth when the wind picked up. My only complaint was that as it got wet from snow the wind would re-freeze it and it got pretty stiff towards the end of the day. At that point it was no longer comfortable to pull up over my nose and mouth, but still kept my neck warm. Not a problem with the product, just something I didn't think about prior.

I bought this for me, but my boyfriend uses it most of the time. We live in Fairbanks, AK where it can get pretty darn cold! Even below -40F and beyond, this thing keeps the cold out on short and long walks! I don't like things touching my neck, but this is very soft, and doesn't give me too many problems. It does it's job very well! Great product.

I have used this neck warmer several times since receiving it. Although it is a little inconvenient to put on since I have to pull it over my head, it stays in place around my neck and keeps my neck, ears, mouth and nose warm as I walk through the cold air. It is not a complete wind block but does keep out 85% of the wind. What does get through is negligible. Since I have long hair it causes A LOT of static discharge when I put it on or take it off. Once it is on it is fine. I only wear it when I have to be out in the cold for a long period of time, otherwise it is not worth the trouble to pull is over my head and put up with the static charge. If it had a zipper or velcrow closure it would make it much easier to use. Because it is just a pull over fleece with no closure, I think I paid a little too much for it compared to others I looked at.

This is a near perfect neck warmer. The 10" x 10" size alloys you to wear it above or below the chin and the elastic bands at the ends will help keep it in place. My only complaint is that it's a little thick, which will hinder breathing. A tip for those who wear neck warmers over the mouth & nose: Place a folded up paper towel over your mouth & nose; it will help to absorb the moisture from your breath and keep the neck warmer dry and ice free.

I purchased one of these for me and one for my son who works outside in the cold. We both love them. The fleece holds in the heat real well. It's like wearing a good scarf without the excess material hanging down from your neck.

Initially i thought the cost was more, but when i started using it i felt that it is worth a product. it can fit to any kind of neck size and keeps you warm all the time. i will recommend this product.

I've never been one for scarves and a baklava is too bulky. I bought this and it's incredible. the last snowstorm we got into the single digits and i was almost hot in wearing this with my normal gear. - Neckwarmer - Cycling - Neck Gaiter - Bicycle Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information