Monday 5 September 2011

Blackberry Case - holster, blackberry case


I bought a universal BB Torch case about a week after the phone came out, there was nothing available. After months, I finally got this case. I have to say, it's an official BB case, it has the magnet to shut off the screen automatically and turn the screen on when you slide it out. The headphone jack is exposed but the buttons are covered. Luckly, the side of the case is soft enough that you can press the buttons to lower volume and change tracks. It's compact, durable, and the plastic belt clip does not dig into your gut. Great Buy. RIM BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster - Holster bag for smartphone - leather - black - BlackBerry Torch 9800

As mentioned in other reviews the holster is very modern and very nice. I just wanted to add that some features of the blackberry Torch were not working in other holsters and did work in this one. I configured it to vibrate when inside the holster and was not previously working in the other one I had and worked correctly in this one. So, if you own a Torch this is THE holster for that model.

For me, the case fits. I like the style and the feel of the textured leather. It's light, flexible in the leather and solid at the clip. It was important to me that I get a holster instead of the hard case with no clip. I'm not someone with a purse and I don't like a lot of bulk in my pockets. The Torch fits very snugly and may have a little grip (due to the screen protector). There are no port holes so you can't charge it inside the case. However, it's cut so that the headphone jack and light indicator are available.



The only thing that upset me about this case is that it didn't come with the Torch in the first place. The cases that were offered on day 1 were expensive ($35 and $40) - two were hard cases and one was a very ugly holster. I chose to tough it out until a better holster came along. For me, this is the best holster available. I purchased a holster ($15) before that was similar to the Bold 9000 case. Although it was advertised as being for the Torch, it moved around quite a bit in the case. I literally lost the case 2 weeks after I got it. I am glad I did because this one is much better, anyway.

I'm not sure if I got a lemon or if this case is just poorly made. The leather is a lot more stiff than previous cases which I didn't care for but I could deal with it. However, the seam that holds the leather together along the flap is separating and coming undone after less than 1 month of use. I have had holsters for my Pearl and Curve and neither of those separated in the 1+ years that I wore those. I'm wearing the holster in the same place and not doing anything different which leads me to wonder about the leather quality. Hopefully the seller will be able to replace mine due to the poor quality.



Update: The seller sent a replacement holster which did the exact same thing as the first and it was even worse as it separated at the top of the holster and exposed the carboard inside. Do not purchase if you actually use your holster on your hip - it MIGHT be okay if you don't take your phone out much if ever and if you don't wear the holster.

I received a swivel holster that appears to be a thin, low quality knock-off. When compared with RIM part # HDW-31012-001 this case differs in:



1. material (thinner, cheaper)

2. shape (the curve/shape of the top edges are different)

3. thickness (feels very thin and less durable)

4. stitching (cheap silver thread, and there's no signature red stitch on the top edge of one side)

5. embossment (stamped with a silver paint, instead of an impression left by pressure)

6. inner lining (black vinyl with grey lettering, instead of grey cloth with solid reinforcement)

7. flap (thinner, wider, and sharper corners than oem

8. magnet (much weaker)

9. no original OEM tag with part # on the inside



It's probably a decent case, but it's not what I ordered.

Do not buy this. I noticed the material looked like vinyl but was thinking i'd try it for the price. This is not the same quality as the version I bought for my 8900 which still works and looks great. This for my new torch is JUNK it's falling apart after 3 months. Now ordinarily I am pretty rough on my gear but my holster is never the problem as my 8900 stopped working but still looked brand new as did it's holster from the same seller... TO the seller look at a real material (8900 holster) you sold me, it looks brand new. My 9800 holster 3 months old, the pictures i sent you, is falling apart.

I purchased this holster about four months ago. I absolutely love the look and style of this case and how perfectly my BlackBerry Torch fits inside.



BUT, four months later, my holster is falling apart. The top/back corners of the case (on both sides of the strap) have split open and are peeling apart.

The Blackberry Torch is cool, but I also love this BlackBerry Torch 9800 Series Leather Swivel Holster case. In the case, your Blackberry fits like a glove. It is very easy to maneuver your phone in and out of the case. My phone is very secure and, thus, I dont have to worry about getting any unwanted scratches. I also like the way the case secures tightly around my belt loop. Never again will I have to worry about misplacing or losing my phone (or in the case of a Blackberry, my investment). GET THIS CASE!!! :o)

One is it works great. It fits very snug and the clip with swivel works as it should.

And has the Black Berry logo on the front which gives it the Black Berry look.

No problems with this holster. And the price is outstanding..try finding a holster like this at AT&T for this price...doubt you will.

Would recommend this to anyone.

I like this case a lot. I tried using my old Bold case becaue one was not available right away and it was too loose and the BB fell out a couple of times. I recommend this case as its probably their best one yet. - Blackberry Case - Holster - Torch - Leather Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information