Thursday 8 September 2011

Cheap Quality - fleece, blanket


It does its job as advertised, but what they didn't advertise was how cheaply it is made.



I bought this for my fiancee, who is always cold. It be more cost effective if she took one of her bathrobes and turned them around. The material is a thin felt, like kids stick on those feltboards in elementary school. Ours came with a "free" book light. I'd rather they have spent the extra on cloth quality than the light. As Seen on TV Snuggie Super Soft Fleece Blanket Blue (2-Pack)

Pro: A brilliant idea: sleeves. The Snuggie is generous in size and easy to adjust around you while sitting or lying down. It does as advertised, enfolding your hands and feet--if you wish--because of the ample tubular arms and extra length. Unlike a robe, backwards or not, it is much longer and more effective a wrap. It will keep any room currents off your body and won't overheat you. You can now dial down the thermostat a few degrees. It is available in different colors, and patterns, too. It comes with a clip-on reading light.



Con: Like the proverbial hospital gown, the Snuggie is open in back, and has no ties or collar. It is also easy to trip on its length if you try to move around (before it falls off your shoulders). You can't really walk in it, without holding it up with both hands. Because it is a simple rectangle, I find it hard to pick up and orient correctly to find the sleeves. Its material is thin, with simple surface seams. It feels less sturdy and warm than a winter robe. Made of polyester, it is a melting hazard if touched by fire (beware, smokers)! The reading light is compact and effective, but it also shines in my eye and uses unusual button batteries.

I got the snuggie as a gift for a friend upon her insistence. It was shipped not in the box it comes in if you buy it in the mall, but just in a black bag that resembles a garbage bag really closely. Perhaps this was Amazon's doing so that they could save on the shipping cost and environmental effects since I used my prime account, but it just did not look like gift material. I do not feel happy about giving it to her that way. It looks like I ripped it off. The fleece fabric itself is thin and there is nothing remarkable about its unsightly shape. It doesn't say snuggie on the tag, I wish my friend had taken my advice and worn a regular fluffy bathrobe, backwards if she had to.

I wasn't too sure what to expect based on reading some of the reviews. For $15 I decided to give it a try and buy through Amazon.com. I'm glad I did. This product keeps me very warm, in fact, sometimes too warm, which is saying a lot for me since I tend to get cold easily. The only issue I have, being short (5ft), the Snuggie tends to be a tad long especially in the sleeves for me. The Snuggie was designed to be used while sitting down or reclining and if used that way the product performs as advertised. It's not made for walking around the house etc.

This could be warmer, but I feel really awesome when I wear it. It makes me feel like a wizard or an apostle. Blue is my favorite color so that is another plus. Good to wear when you are chilly, but not if you are freezing.

I wondered why no one had ever thought of this before. The Snuggie was the answer to my prayer. I have electric wall heaters....when they're on, it's hot. when they cycle off, it's cold. I was able to wrap up in this lovely blanket and be really warm. I loved the idea of the sleeves ~ in a blanket ~ amazing. A thank you to whoever thought of this.

mary pichette - Blanket With Sleeves - Blanket Wrap - Blanket - Fleece'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information