Monday 26 September 2011

Computer Accessories


I bought this to connect a laptop to my Samsung LN40A650 LCD TV, but the Samsung does not like the way the pins are wired in this cable. It is definitely the cable, because after trying 2 other laptops without success, I used another VGA cable that was previously on a desktop PC system. That one did the trick. With the 10ft cable I bought, the TV didn't recognize the PC input was connected. The VGA cable from the desktop PC worked, though I can only get up to 1300x768 resolution, not up to 1920x1080.



This 10ft cable still works, because it is now being used for the desktop PC instead. Just don't expect it to work with LN40A650. You may be taking a risk with any Samsung TV from 2008/9.



I also searched online about this problem, and it is a common. Apparently not all VGA cables are made the same way. This one just isn't made the way Samsung needs it to be. It will probably work with most other devices. 10ft Hi Resolution monitor cable (Male to Male)

I am using this cable to connect my compaq presario to my Samsung HDTV LCD 32inch and the image is great. I had no trouble connecting or anything. No loose screws and the quality of the cable wrapping is very good.

I'm using the cable to connect my PC to my 32" HDTV. They were easy to connect and fit perfectly. The picture was very clear. I wish I bought the ones with audio, though. I had to use my computer speakers.

This is very long, ten feet long to be exact. It's also very high quality, it looks very professional. It's an old technology VGA cable, so basically you should buy the cheapest one of these that you can, like this one, because expensive wires on old technology deliver about the same performance as inexpensive wires.



And, if you're wondering, a Male to Male VGA cable means that you plug one end into your monitor and one into your computer. A Male to Female is an extender.



Pros:

+Very long, it can connect anywhere

+Economical

+Sleek and black



Cons:

-Very long, if you only need a short distance, you'll have a lot of extra cord

The only pins wired are the red, Green, Blue video and the Verticle and Horizontal Syncs. Ground return for all signals is provided through the connector shell. While the video quality is good, any Plug and Play functions or PC based power functions (standyby, etc) are non-operational. This leaves many monitors fully powered up even when the PC is in Standby or turned off!

I am using this cable to connect my laptop to my 720p HDTV. With any other cable in the house, my laptop detects my unusual monitor resolution (1360x768) and allows me to select it appropriately in the display settings. With this cable however, the correct resolution isn't even an option. I tested each of the 15 pins, and only 5 of them are connected to anything! I know VGA cables don't need all 15 pins, but when I use a cable that has all 15 pins connected everything works fine. For my application this cable is completely worthless.

This is exactly what you need, best bang for your buck on vga-vga cables. It also comes with a built in audio-in cable on each side. Makes me happy! It's a thicker cable compared to others that usually ship with a monitor (which is good), It carries the signal better, and I see a slightly better picture when using this one.

I basically used this cable for a simple monitor hook up, because the standard 6 ft cable would not be long enough for the office setup I had. The image it produced was noticeably blurry, with a slight shadow effect. I thought I might be able to just ignore, but it was too frustrating. I returned it for a refund and ended up purchasing this cable on Amazon: "Cables To Go - 29607 - 12ft Ultima HD15 M/M SXGA Monitor Cable", which works beautifully. I highly recommend going for the better quality cable here.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information