Monday 26 September 2011

Pc To Tv Cable - pc to tv, vga cable


This cable was what I needed to hook up my laptop to my big screen DLP HDTV. It has VGA males at both ends and also a stereo mini headphone plug, just the type that plugs into the headphone jack of my laptop and input of my TV. RiteAV - VGA Cable with 3.5mm Audio - 25 Ft.

I looked all over for cables to connect my PC to my television, but could only find either cables without the sound connection or cables that cost twice as much or more than these for a much shorter run.

I have friends that have had the same experience so I turned them on to these.

So, I would definitely recommend them. They do exactly what they are supposed to do at a great price.

The clarity is just what you'd expect, great. Of our four computers, none does true HD, so having a SVGA is just fine, though I'd be willing to make a fair sized wager that having a SVGA cable has no impact on HD output. One of my computers (with a nvidia card) correctly identified the TV and the TV's native resolution and outputed accordingly.



If you're comparing this to a HDMI cable, the only two issues with the cable have to do with the equipment capabilities on either end. Mainly, the computer I use with the TV doesn't have the correct resolution where a HDMI cable is going to output the correct 1080. Secondly, the TV will only take a stereo input with the PC input thus won't pass surround sound from the TV to the receiver. (this is a big issue, if directly connected from PC to receiver all of the sound will be off by the time it takes the TV to properly render the video image. Drives me nuts.)



Pros:

Not HDMI.

Ridiculously cost effective.

Every 'not mac' I've seen has a SVGA out.



Cons:

None with the cable.

I bought this to hook my HDTV up to a computer across the room to be able to stream internet source video to the TV. The picture quality is HD with my video card. I use the built in speakers on my tv, so the audio is just fine for my needs. It would be nice if the audio had a pass through jack on one end of the cable, but for the price, I can't complain.

I got this with high hopes of simplifying an installation to a large screen TV used for presentations with a built-in sound system. It worked great for video, but I had to use a seperate audio cable. While the audio cable was dandy in theory, there was cross-talk from the video and the audio quality was quite poor. When I used a seperate cable, much much better audio quality, but now two cables to keep track of. Sigh.

I've used another 10ft cable (with ferrite beads to prevent interference) to send video from my Lenovo to my Sony Bravia. I got this one because I needed a much longer cable. Used for about a month so far I rate it as follows:



The screws don't seem to catch as easily as previous cables I've owned so it is annoying if you are constantly hooking and unhooking.



Video quality seems just as good as other cables I've used. This is what really matters to me, so I continue to use the cable despite a few odd quirks.



Audio quality is noticeably noisier than my previous cable but tolerable. I'm not sure if that is because this cable does not have the anti-interference ferrite beads or what.



One very interesting thing about the audio is that if I am streaming from a website like [...] and the video player is not full screen it makes a lot of noise but once I full screen the video player it does not. I don't remember this happening with my old cable.

Purchase the VGA & Audio cable separately. I purchased this and it has horrible buzzing crossover from the VGA to the audio cable. I'm now having to purchase the audio cable to keep it away from the VGA cable interference. You may as well just get one of each from the start. The VGA cable works OK on its own, but you won't like the audio at all! - Computer Cables - Vga Cable - Pc To Tv - Pc To Tv Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information