Monday 26 September 2011

Full Cut Rain Coat - rain coat, rain gear


Years ago when I was in college, everyone wore the green hooded army surplus raincoats. They had two pockets and a zipper closing. I think they cost all of $7 at the campus bookstore. They were indestructable and absolutely they best in inclement weather. You could where them over a heavy sweater in cold upstate New York and survive the rain, snow and sleet.



I have tried , to no avail, to find them again. This yellow slicker is the closest to those green rubbery slickers. It is fabulous!!



Great buy!!! Under $10. Best wear for venturing out in real sloppy weather either with or without a heavy sweater underneath. CLC Rain Wear R105M .35 MM PVC Trench Coat - Medium

It does smell funny but other wise it is fine for a quick walk in the rain with the dog. Good coverage. It's kind of a slender fit but works for me over a bathrobe or coat. Rounder people may want a different style

I call this my Gorton's fisherman coat. It blocks the wind, it protects me from rain, it practically glows in the dark so drivers can see me if I walk in the dark, gray weather. And can't beat it for the price! Perfect.

This is great for working in the rain: yard, walking your dog, emergency rain jacket, running to the store real quick, in the trunk of your car etc...



This is bad for: Going to work (office), making a fashion statement, wearing over a suit tux or any "nice clothes", going on a date, etc...



Bottom line: buy several for tasks or work in the rain (its only 10 bucks!); If you want a fashionable rain coat, look elsewhere (spend more money! lol)

I do wish it were more knee length instead of mid-calf. But the real problem with it is that it stinks! It isn't just the smell of vinyl; it seems more to have a slight pesticide or mothball smell. I don't mind the smell of vinyl at all, but the other smell is rather off-putting.

The coat I received is chartreuse (safety green) and has grey reflective trim all over it, including a somewhat elaborate chevron type pattern on the back. Those are not the only reasons that I will be returning this coat. The men's medium is still pretty big on me (no smaller size was available); I'm a size 8 woman. The coat is long and close fitting in its cut, without a slit in back. I bought it to use while pushing my kids in the stroller on really rainy Brooklyn days and I think I'd do better with a poncho. It looks like it would be hard to move well in it, though the design probably helps keep you dry.The quality of the material, though heavy, seems very good, and the corduroy collar is a nice touch as that touches your skin. There is no cotton lining, so you definitely want to be wearing clothes on your arms and back rather than have this PVC and poly touching your skin in a rain storm.

I bought it one month ago. After about 3 times use of this rain jacket, left-shoulder to left arm part all were torn. I tried to sew but impossible. I bought another one at amazon.It is on delivery now. But i am so afrsid if 2nd one would tear easily too !

Does amazon have warranty?

My complaint is that the hood of my raincoat will not stay snapped on. I drive a school bus for handicapped children and wanted something easy to slip off and on when loading wheelchair bound children, each time I have had to use it the hood came unsnapped every time I took it off. I don't think I would buy another. - Rain Gear - Rain Coat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information