Monday 26 September 2011

Melissa And Doug - made in china, melissa and doug


My daughter got this picnic set for her 4th birthday from an aunt. She is turning 8 soon, and this set is still in perfect condition. And not because we don't use it. They play "picnic" all the time, stuff as many toy food and picnic items into the basket as they can and cart it all over the house and back yard. But even better, when we do trips to the zoo, park, etc., this basket is big enough to pack an actual picnic. It makes my daughter so thrilled that we can use her picnic basket, and we get compliments on how pretty it is all the time. There are nice storage compartments for all of the utensils that come in the set, which is why we still have room to bring it for real picnics. Great toy, and easily worth the money! Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Bella Butterfly Picnic Set

I bought this picnic set for my very imaginative 4 year old neice. She has used it every day for the past three weeks!! She loves packing everything up and has thrown in some pretend food to take along. The cups and plates are very sturdy. She takes a towel, lays it on the kitchen floor and sits down for a picnic at all hours of the day.

I bought 2 sets for my girls on Christmas(they were only $6 each then) It's a really cute set, the basket opens from both sides and is really sturdy with plenty of room. The plate, cups, & utensils are an added bonus. My older 6 year old loves to have picnics in our back yard pretty much everyday in the summer so I would only spend the $20 for it if your kids love to have picnics often and you will get much use out of it.

Bought this as part of a butterfly-themed gift for two sisters, 8 and 5. It's a bit larger and much more sturdily built than expected. I can see where other reviewers have said they use it on trips, not just for backyard picnicing.



I'll probably never know if the dishes really are dishwasher-safe or how they hold up over time, but they are pretty substantial plastic, not flimsy, and decently kid-size (that is, not minuscule like a kiddie tea set). Basket is padded (stands on it's own), made of a backpack-like heavy material, with mesh pockets inside. The lids have (cardboard?) stiffening and velcro tabs. The butterfly is the flap for the lid on that side, the other side is just a plain pink flap. There is also a reasonable amount of extra space inside, perhaps enough for a light cloth or towel to picnic on, some handiwipes, a water bottle, etc. Size is about 8.5" wide x 12" long x 7" deep.



Really pleased overall, it's going to be a great birthday gift. In fact, our girls want one now...

I just got this delivered and plan on giving it to my daughter for her 7th b-day. It might sound like a young gift to give a 7 yr old but I know her and she will love it. The bright colors and 20 piece set of dishwasher safe pink plates, cups, and utensils..she always wants to have picnics so this might be her perfect gift this year. I was impressed with how roomy the basket is and there is plenty of room to pack a nice little lunch and go to the park or where ever. Also the feel of the material is nice, it's nice and sturdy and won't be falling apart or losing its shape. But I'm jsut glad it wasnt something breakable and I like it so I won't have to return it considering Amazon sent me a ripped up order slip with half the barcode missing in a smushed up box. I'm excited to give it to her though..my concern was if it was worth the money, and now I'm very glad I ordered it. - Picnic Basket - Melissa And Doug - Made In China - Picnic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information