Thursday 29 September 2011

Guitar Accessories - power supply, guitar accessories


Everyone has these, and they are good in a pinch. It comes with an exceptionally long cable, and then another exceptionally long chaining cable, but between those, and the 1700mA output, you should be able to power most of a standard medium sized pedal board. For that purpose, and the fact that it's so cheap ($30 to power up all your pedals, when most power adapters on their own are ~$20? That is a stellar deal), these things are great. Like I said, good in a pinch too, and I definitely don't think it's a bad idea to keep one of these around, in the event that your *real* power supply should crap out on you at an inopportune time. This also comes with a plethora of connectors, including battery clips and mini-power inputs.



There's a few reasons why this should not be your *real* power supply. For one, even if you do use only 9V pedals and this has the amperage to power all of them... these are notorious pedal-buzzers. The more effects you add on to it, the buzzier it will get. This is especially bad with anything that has an LFO, which admittedly, most 9V pedals do not... but even still, this is a noisy little device.



Secondly, this won't be able to handle anything that requires AC, and it won't be able to handle any 12V, 18V, or 24V pedals. A lot of pedals are 9V, so this covers most of your bases... but don't count on it to be a solution to all of your pedal problems without doing a little more research into what your pedals need. You can fry your pedals and the power supply if you connect your pedals to the wrong power. Visual Sound One Spot Combo Pack

Out of all the power sources for pedal boards, this is the one to have. I gig often with no back up and it powers all my pedals except my digitech whammy. I have an SKB pedal board but use this instead of the power supply on the board because this is way more reliable.

I was hesitant about this item because of possible noise issues and amperage demands. I am powering a Boss ME-50 and several stomp boxes (Polytune, TS-9, Small Clone, Phase 90) with it. I am happy to report that the item works as intended. The adapter produces no AC 60 Hz hum and there is plenty of available current to power all the pedals. The package includes little caps to place over the ends of the unused plugs - a nice touch.

It's not perfect, but it gets the job done for cheap. Please understand that this system is pretty noisy and has its limitations. Read the instructions and do the math for the amount of current your pedals will draw from this unit. If you tax it too much, it will be super-loud and will kill the power supply in a hurry. If you use it within its limitations, then it will serve you well for a while. Ultimately, however, you will want to save your pennies and buy a more professional, consistent power supply. I'm saving for a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply, but that's because it suits my needs. Meanwhile, I'm using this with only a few pedals attached, and it is serving its purpose.

just buy this! it pushes out so much power that i have dont know what to do with it. the power cord plus the daisy gives is a total of about 10 ft. plenty of length to reach all the the pedals on my board. but be sure you do your math when you hook this up to your pedals. know how much power you need and how much power you are going to use. understand that is the trick to any power source for a pedal board.

Granted this is no voodoo laps pedal power, or another isolated power supply, but it does provide clean, quiet daisy chain power for up to 8 pedals, and does so pretty dang great for $150+ cheaper.



Is it silent? No.

Is it reliable? Yes.

Would I use it on stage or in the studio? Yes.

Would I prefer something nicer if $$$ weren't an issue? Yes.

Does this wok great on a budget, absolutely!!



If you're tired of using batteries pick this thing up!



If you're a super quiet signal chain snob, save an extra $150 and get the voodoo labs.

I use the One Spot to power all the effects I have that need external power supplies (Cry Baby, Blues Driver, Tube Screamer and RAT). It is very simple and easy to use: You just plug the pedals in and it works. Others have commented on the quality and there are certainly more expensive devices out there to power your pedals, however, for what I need (bedroom player) this product does the job perfectly for a very good price. I am VERY satisfied.

I was worried this would be really cheaply made and well, crappy, but I have to say it works really well for me (so far). I'm not getting any additional noise or buzz but maybe this is because I only use four pedals and cover the 4 extra leads with the provided rubber caps. I'm using the One Spot with a MXR delay, custom comp, Rat and Little Big Muff. It might be my imagination, but when using the One Spot instead of batteries, the delay feedback sounds louder and both of my distortion pedals sound better! Drummer said the distortion sounded thicker. I think it sounds less, you know, 2-3 kHz irritation frequency. So, yes, I'm very glad I tried this product. The only negative I would give it is the somewhat rat's nest way that the cable lays out - something about it just seems untidy and unattractive somehow.. - Guitar Pedals - Power - Power Supply - Guitar Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information