Friday 2 September 2011

Ipod Cassette Adapter - griffin technology, cassette adapter


I picked this up at Walmart for fairly cheap since my original cassette adapter was starting to break down. I was impressed at how quiet it was in the tape deck but then when I started listening to music, I noticed that everything sounded distorted. It has to do with the resistor values in the adapter, so I am going to swap out the resistors with the ones from my old tape deck and hopefully that should fix the distortion problem. I would recommend looking for a better tape adapter. Griffin Direct Deck Universal Cassette Adapter for MP3 Players (Black)

This thing destroyed my delco car stereo. It went in, and the stereo went on an endless rewind which made functioning impossible. It also wouldn't eject. To get it out, I had to destroy both the item, and damage the (no longer functioning anyway) car stereo. Cost me $100 for a new stereo. It would be more fun to inject beer into your stereo. The ensuing electrical fire might be fun to watch, and you won't be cursing "griffin" (whoever that is) for two hours, trying to get beer out of your radio.

I bought this product at target for the aforementioned price and it has lasted me for over a year...sure, I have to rewind it occassionally (not sure why, but I do) then it continues working for another 6 mos. until I need to rewind it again.

I ordered a Coby cassette adapter and they sent me this Griffin model instead. When I wrote the merchant back they told me to keep it and they would refund my money...Huh?.. I just want them to send me the model I ordered. The Coby has a replaceable cord and from past experience, it is always the cord or the jack that goes out. Anyway, until they send me what I ordered or refund my money, I figured I'd try out the Griffin anyway. I knew from the reviews that this thing was not going to work well. I was getting sound only from one side of my stereo and so I wiggled the jack and the sound started cutting in and out. I could never get a good clean sound from it. Junk for sure.

Horrible quality! After months of wiggling the cord to get it to play through both the left and right speaker at the same time I have had it! I yanked it out and was about to trough it out the window but then couldn't do it. I didn't want to litter. The wires inside are soooo brittle. Boo on this cheap piece of crap!

PS I got this at Target too.

I wish that I would have read these reviews before I brought this product from Target. I have had cassette adapters before that produced a sound quality superior to that of an FM transmitter. I tore the packaging off and immediately threw it away. I was unaware that the quality of the Griffin Cassette adapter was inferior to that of any product that I had used before. The sound only came through one side of my car and I found myself sticking my finger into the cassette slot to wiggle the tape around. This would produce a better sound for about thirty seconds and then I would only get sound out of one side of my car again. Total piece of junk. Im going to throw it away before it does any damage to my player. I wish I would have kept the reciept and the packaging to return it.

I've bought this cassette adapter multiple times from Target and it just doesn't work. They either click, distort the sound, change sides over and over again, or just makes a hissing sound. Buy something else.

i really don't understand the negative reviews i have read. i understand that 10% of all electronic devices are prone to failure, so a bad experience is possible, but half of the reviews sound like the writer had a problem with their stereo rather than the adapter. i bought this adapter, and after adjusting the volume levels i was absolutely amazed by the sound quality. yes, you do have to find a sweet spot. i followed the instructions and set my mp3 player to half volume, and was disappointed to hear a hiss. i turned my car stereo all the way down, put my mp3 at max volume, and then adjusted the stereo volume. the sound was incredible. i actually had to adjust the equalizer on my mp3 to a less aggressive setting because i thought the ENORMOUS bass output would damage my speakers. i had no idea a cassette adapter could sound this good. here are a few tips. if you have an older stereo, clean it with a head cleaner before using an adapter. if you have auto reverse, guess what, it's going to cause problems with just about any adapter. there are ways to fix this, and there's something called Google which can quickly find instructions for doing so as well as a few other things. lastly, you can't always trust user reviews. the Dynex adapter is rated considerably higher. i bought one, and no amount of tinkering changed the fact that my music was faint and there was a very loud hiss. this piece of junk comes in a pop open blister that can be repackaged without any sign that it was ever opened. it's as if they expect half of them to be returned and sold to the next sucker. experiences may vary, and some adapters may work better with different stereos. for me, the Griffin is better than i had hoped. - Griffin Technology - Blueproton - Ipod Cassette Adapter - Cassette Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information