Friday 23 September 2011

Photo Paper Premium Epson - epson, photo paper


I bought this paper for my Epson 3800 looking to print photo's I had neglected printing and framing for some time. The quality and feel of the paper is great, just like you would expect from any photo processing center. I don't know how well the output would be on a non-Epson printer, as the ink and printer capabilities have a lot to do with the final output too, but I would highly recommend this paper for a good quality Epson. It's worth the money and you won't be disappointed. Epson Ultra Premium 17 x 22 Inch Luster Photo Paper 25 Count (S042084)

This is beautiful paper... it's thick, it takes the ink from my Epson 3880 perfectly, and the finished product looks like studio quality output. All of the things that you would expect from something called Ultra Premium Luster. However... I've found that this paper stinks, meaning that it emits an unpleasant smell that is noticeable in confined spaces. I had a few large proofs sitting in my office for a couple of weeks, and an Unidentified Smelling Object (USO) started to bother me and my office visitors. I could not pinpoint the exact smell for two weeks and it was driving me crazy. Did something die in there, I wondered? Did I step in something in the parking lot? If it makes you happy to imagine it, I was sniffing all around my office like a bloodhound trying to discover the source. Alas, it was simply the stack of Epson paper behind me that was stinking up the place. I moved the paper to another room, and the smell disappeared... mystery solved. I can't be certain that it's not just the ink from the printer, or perhaps the combination of the two (that's why I didn't take away any stars). If you work in a small space like me, this might be interesting for you to contemplate. Otherwise, enjoy this majestic visual media in well ventilated areas!

You need to try this paper if you've used "E" surface paper before. Even on a inexpensive printer the results were amazing. You can imagine the results I get on my Epson 3800.

Thanks Epson!

Greg Ammons

Ammons Portrait Studio

Pendleton, S.C. 29670 - Photo Paper - Photography - Epson 3880 - Epson'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information